Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like them :)
Been playing on an old lever today , now all I have to do is work out how to find the exact centre line of the lever and source a pair of levers for the finished article!

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Reduce the hole size in the middle as we are looking at the photo, reduce the left hole size two steps. The lever looks very weak around the left hole. Tapering hole sizes would look better IMO.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reduce the hole size in the middle as we are looking at the photo, reduce the left hole size two steps. The lever looks very weak around the left hole. Tapering hole sizes would look better IMO.
Thanks - I was wondering about that so instead of 10mm all round i'll try 6 , 8 and 10mm

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
run a piece of thin striping tape down the centre line you can move it about till you you have it spot on, then mark where you want the holes on the tape, and run a small dia drill through them as guides.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You're right...it is a pointless mod:D

Details like this are what make a bike stand out though. The time and thought involved in subtle changes are what really make it your own. Keep up with your "pointless" mods, I for one appreciate them.:cheers::cheers:

·
Dragon
92 Posts
You're right...it is a pointless mod:D

Details like this are what make a bike stand out though. The time and thought involved in subtle changes are what really make it your own. Keep up with your "pointless" mods, I for one appreciate them.:cheers::cheers:
bet it really cuts the weight down though:stilpoke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts