Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Liqwid Rider
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a segment on this week's episode of "American Thunder" on the Speed Channel featuring the V-ROD that PM did with the 280 rear end. It was shot at Daytona Bike Week. Looks hot.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
AKvrod said:
There is a segment on this week's episode of "American Thunder" on the Speed Channel featuring the V-ROD that PM did with the 280 rear end. It was shot at Daytona Bike Week. Looks hot.
Yeah, I caught it the second time around on the speed channel. Thanks for the heads up, I seen it in Daytona but I did not see that hot looking girl.
Vinny, it was on last night. Two Wheel Tuesday on the Speed Channel (every Tuesday) there is about 3-4 hours worth of Motorcycle shows. (American Thunder, Corbins Ride on)

·
4,638 Posts
Watched it last night...The set up is Bad A$$......

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I don't get the speed channel.It really bites.wish I did.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Yeah it really looked mean. The comment they made about it not affecting turning has got to be a bunch of crap. There is no way that with a tire that wide turn-in is not affected.

I bet that 280 would leave a mean stripe of rubber on the road!

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I would think without a big-bore kit (or nitrous), the factory motor would not put enough torque out to spin that big tire enough to leave a good stripe. Between the weight of that tire, wheel and the amount of rubber contacting the ground, burnouts would be very limited...... probably looks cool though

just my .02

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Brent,
if it was a chain drive you could put some pretty crazy gears in that would smoke Anything! ;) :kaz:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
KAZ, that is true, changing gearing would do that.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just FYI for those of you who get Speed Channel they do repeat it on Saturdays 8:30 AM or in the afternoon, if pre-emption by racing events.

Hope this helps. And yes you could see the grove in the tire where it has rubbed.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts