Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for those with the Performance Machine rear caliper set up. Does the PM large diameter spacer that comes with the arm mount, go between the arm mount and the swingarm or between the stock spacer (which is next to the wheel) and the arm mount?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Pete

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
if you bolt it up either way how does it effect your alignment?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had it next to the stock spacer first for a few weeks, now I'm doing a 240 set up and it fits better between the swing arm and the brake mount. It looks to line up the caliper over the rotor better. I was just wondering if there was an absolute right way or wrong way.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I only have one spacer on the caliper side and when I put it between the braket & the swingarm it shifter the calper si that it wouldn't align properly with the rotor. Once I put it between the caliper bracket & the wheel the alignment was perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Measure the stock brake caliper and the new arm to see if it's different and requires the spacer. I will be installing mine this week and can let you know what I find.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Heres what I did. I have the Hogpro 280 kit.

On the caliper side of the wheel I have the hogpro spacer against the wheel. Next is the Performance Machine Caliper Arm. Then finally the Performance Machine spacer. It was a tight squeeze but fit. I had to use some wooden shims and the BFH to get the PM spacer installed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using the RC Component's 240 kit, and I have it the same way you do as well. When the rim was stock, placing the PM spacer was easy, with the RC wheel, I used a flat head screwdriver to pry some space to get it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts