Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys/girls etc. . .I ask for compassion and not ridicule for this, but I have a serious need to find the thread/info. I've tried for two weeks but haven't found any detailed threads that have a step by step on this, so here it goes:

I want to make/build my own LED undertail signals/brake/all in one for my 2005 VRSCA. I need some input. What size LEDs/LED to buy, mounting it under the tail, etc. . . Anything and everything pertinent to doing this on my own is appreciated. I've found a million threads where the mods are mentioned, and roughly how to kind of do it, but i've not found any step by steps. So with all that being said, I ask that you go easy on me, and don't reply "there's a million threads on this topic" because I think i've read most of them already. I think the GR customs premade one is great and the RadiantZ one as well, but I can't justify the 300.00 that they cost.

Help me out please!!!

:notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth::notworth:

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Are you looking at running it under the fender? Or off the tail section of the bike and running fenderless?

I run fenderless and when I went to do this I bought some angle iron from Lowes, cut some relief cuts into it so that I could just bend it right around the frame. Now this could also be done with the fender as well. I ended up buying the custom RadiantZ lights that had the 3 sections in them. No the premade bolt on kit but just their LED's. I epoxied them to the angle iron and routed the wires up to make the connections.

If you are looking at doing your own LED's I'm no help there as I didn't want to waste the time and engery trying to make my own strip when I could just pick one up for 60-80 bucks. If you want to make your own custom setup sadly no one will be able to give you a step by step, typically why then are called One-Off's. Wish you luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking at running it under the fender? Or off the tail section of the bike and running fenderless?

I run fenderless and when I went to do this I bought some angle iron from Lowes, cut some relief cuts into it so that I could just bend it right around the frame. Now this could also be done with the fender as well. I ended up buying the custom RadiantZ lights that had the 3 sections in them. No the premade bolt on kit but just their LED's. I epoxied them to the angle iron and routed the wires up to make the connections.

If you are looking at doing your own LED's I'm no help there as I didn't want to waste the time and engery trying to make my own strip when I could just pick one up for 60-80 bucks. If you want to make your own custom setup sadly no one will be able to give you a step by step, typically why then are called One-Off's. Wish you luck!

Your info was very helpful, I guess I should have been more clear. I plan to get rid of the stock signals and run without the dogs azz, i already have the side mounted plate. I also very much am thinking of going with the radiantz or custom dynamics pre-made LED. I guess i'm a little more concerned with if those are plug and play, and also how to actually get the aluminum bent around the fender cleanly, so that it doesn't look like a total "hack" job. Thanks again for your info. It's a good start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts