Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I need your help with my vrod 2012 muscle I was driving normally to my work suddenly the bike won’t get into the 2nd gear nor neutral like the shifter isn’t working I took it to a mechanic and there our problem start he told me he needs
1. Shifter fork
2. 2nd gear and 5th gear
3. Drum
Is that possible while it was perfectly fine and if so where do you think I can get these parts from with lowest price the bike has only 11k mileage please help me with this:notworth:

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Hello guys I need your help with my vrod 2012 muscle I was driving normally to my work suddenly the bike won’t get into the 2nd gear nor neutral like the shifter isn’t working I took it to a mechanic and there our problem start he told me he needs
1. Shifter fork
2. 2nd gear and 5th gear
3. Drum
Is that possible while it was perfectly fine and if so where do you think I can get these parts from with lowest price the bike has only 11k mileage please help me with this:notworth:
Unfortunately if there's nothing obviously wrong with any for the external linkages, the case will need to be split to find the actual cause. No point guessing if that's the case even if something simple as the pawl spring. Pretty sure it's not 1 or 2. Oops , guessing again.
Ron

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
Have you checked the shifter shaft (it protrudes out of the case and the linkage connects to it)? It's a frequent, common repair. I'd check that first to make sure it hasn't broken. Plenty of info on here...search "shifter shaft."

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will make it easy on you
we are a group of a Vrod three of us had the same issue me 2014, friend 2017, and 2013 all are Vrod muscle I am working on mine now so I will keep you posted.
yes, change all Shifter forks, Drum kit, and bearing.
the service manual says change crankshaft main bearing any time the cause split
If you have any questions feel free to ask

1 - 4 of 4 Posts