Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an 08 VRSCDX and I am 6'2" with 34" inseam. I have searched and read just about everything people have done but it seems like the parts people use you can't find anymore. I think kicking out my legs would make my ride much more comfortable. Doesn't need to be much just a little to take some bend out of my knees and relieve the pain in my inner leg from longer rides.... Looking for part numbers and ideas... thanks guys

Todd
FLY NAVY

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Do a search for "reduced reach pegs", you can turn them around and they will give you more leg room.

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
You can also put engine guards on and bolt on aftermarket pegs to it. I dont like the look of the engine guards, but many have done it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Have you tried resting the back of your foot/ankle on the pegs driving down the road that should tell you how it feels.

You could even just do this when cruising to get them strecthed out with no mods. Its what I do.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Dude - I got some reduced reach peg mounts on the workbench - you flip them around, and get more legroom. Piece of cake. PM me - I can hook you up, and it is as simple as one bolt per side. Honest! I forget what I paid - but, We can work it out! Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude - I got some reduced reach peg mounts on the workbench - you flip them around, and get more legroom. Piece of cake. PM me - I can hook you up, and it is as simple as one bolt per side. Honest! I forget what I paid - but, We can work it out! Joe
Hi

Im new in this forum here, living in Norway and have just got myself an 07 DX. Love that bike :)
Im also a tall guy (191 cm), feel the dx to be comfortable as it is but will try to stretch my legs a bit more.
Have the reduced reach pegs, but didn't mount them yet... what about the gear and brake controls? can they be adjusted if you mount the pegs "flipped" around ? I have the complete reduced reach set (pegs, seat, handlebar) from the previous owner so i can try different setups to find the best combination.
Love this forum, finding new stuff in here all the time...

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Your inner leg pain is from the foot rest being straight out from the bike and your holding your leg in near the frame rails.
You need to angle the footrest slightly so it rest at a more natural angle. A small grub screw fitted to prevent the footrest from fully folding down will work wonders. Check the last picture as I had the same problem when using the front pegs for more than a short time.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129922

·
Registered
583 Posts
i have the original V-Mod 3" extensions but good luck finding a set now... there is a member on this forum that makes his own version (arguably superior to the V-mods) that you should be able to track down (not sure if he is still making them though).

I once sat on a DX with 5" extra stretch but the owner paid over $1,000 to get that setup made from a custom bike shop in Virginia.

You may also want to shave down your seat and replace some of the foam with a gel pad... you'll sit lower and a bit further back.

Bikes can be made to fit you... look in my gallery and you'll see what i look like...

·
06 Night Rod
385 Posts
I went with the Harley Tallboy seat, it lifts you up and back a couple of inches. It was cheap for a seat at ~$250 new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts