Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member and this is my first post. I picked up a new to me 2008 VRSCDX that was heavily customized by the previous owner. Deal was too good to pass up and I keep finding additional things that he did and the parts price list keeps growing. But I digress...

The bike has the Platinum Bleed Feed system. Two switches mounted on vents in the ABC. The top switch will raise and lower the back end. The bottom switch does nothing. Flip it one way and the compressor makes noise but nothing happens. Flit it the other way and nothing happens. My biggest issue is that when I raise the back end it will eventually fully compress on its own. Happened while I had the wife on the back and it made for a very unexpectedly bumpy ride.

Any idea what could be wrong? I'm thinking maybe an air leak is causing the deflation. As for the other switch not working, I have NO idea. I reached out to Platinum but no response. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 2nd switch is to control dampening.
You will notice the suspension stiffening up as the pressure increases and then go softer when pressure is released. Check this before looking for any leaks.

Platinum systems are great, had a set for years with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I took the ABC off, traced all of the air lines and tightened all the fittings. I pulled the hoses off of the air manifold (for lack of a better term) to check that air was going through to both hoses. It was. All of the wiring looks to be in good order. I have no idea why the one switch doesn't work. I checked and it doesn't do a damn thing for the dampening despite the compressor turning on. When you flick the switch the other way, which I assume is to let air out and soften the ride, nothing happens. No sound of air being released or anything.

I'm stumped!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe you should try swapping top to bottom airlines and try again. If the opposite switch still raise and drops the height then you know it’s a problem with the shock and not wiring/airlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea. It's supposed to rain all week so good time to strip her down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts