Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to relocate the plate and get rid of the hideous dog ass. Does anyone have tips on hiding the wiring? or better yet a pic of where they ran the wires?

Help?

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Bgjames111 said:
I've been wanting to relocate the plate and get rid of the hideous dog ass. Does anyone have tips on hiding the wiring? or better yet a pic of where they ran the wires?

Help?
Leave it on. You dont want that rear end looking like a big tongue, do you???

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do ya mean?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Try shaving the DA instead. You can clean it up to the point that all you see is the plate.

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aww, I see. that looks great. I think I'll do that. Dark hd 07, did you move the turn signals? or is it an illusion because of the missing plastic?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I relocated the signals back about 6 inches. Because of the large gap between the fender and the seat pan, I was able to fabricate a bracket that mounted to the seat pan. I then did a little rewiring and here ya go. If you can't move the stock signals back, I suggest buying the Stage 2 light from Heavy Cycles. It has the brake and turn signals in one unit. Should clean it up pretty good.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
Try shaving the DA instead. You can clean it up to the point that all you see is the plate.

Damn, if I didn't see the stripes on the air box and the exhaust, I would have sworn it was a pre '07 model with a 180 tire...:hidesbeh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts