Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have plans for a hydraulic lift jack?(not a lift table) I know you can buy them fairly cheap, but I hate supporting the chinese and I like building my own. I've searched Google,Yahoo and others but can't find any free plans. I can probably build one from the pics I've seen, but plans would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Capngeo made something similar to originalowners.
Does he have a picture of it?

I assume other states have scrap yards like the ones around here.Even though they are scrappers,the big one here also sells new material.It is sold by the pound,which makes it very cheap for a project like this jack.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to say this but just buy a ready made. Where you going to get USA steel, a USA pump jack, USA made bolts and nuts, USA made bearings etc.

I applaud the idea but very tough to complete!

Try this one http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126612&highlight=po+mans+center+stand
Your right in that it is tough to find these items USA made. I run a large Mfg. company and there are still sources for the steel,hardware and wheels. I'm sure I can find a hyd. jack. If I can't find some plans I'll reverse engineer my buddies. P.S.
Don't give up on the USA yet.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Na! Far from given up on the USA! I'm thrilled when I find USA made things!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
You don't have to buy junk from other countrys,unless you just want parts made in The U.S.A.,there are quality wheels and bottle jacks made in other countrys.

If you want to get fancy,one thing you could look for is an alignment rack bottle jack,they are air over oil.These things work well and are very precise up and down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to buy junk from other countrys,unless you just want parts made in The U.S.A.,there are quality wheels and bottle jacks made in other countrys.

If you want to get fancy,one thing you could look for is an alignment rack bottle jack,they are air over oil.These things work well and are very precise up and down.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for all the input. When i get mine built, I'll post a set of plans for anyone else who's looking.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If you use the aluminum one from Sears for the reverse engineering be sure to make it wide in the rear.This adds a lot of stability,and the motorcycle can be manured around on the jack more safe.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/ Take the advise of Dr Dave .
Back when I made mine it was a copy of the Black Jack .
Except for the wheel mod and wider wheels with brakes
Prices have come down since then too
One and the same as far as looks but no longer around
Unless you have a lot of spare time on your hands .
But way far superior than any of the sears types . Well worth the .
$$$$

I guess Cap got his $$ worth of the piece of chit he got from me .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts