Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Its sleeping in my Garage tonight!

OK Folks!, Thanks for all the advice. I finally brought my bike home today. I was contemplating for a while and pulled the trigger today. The bike is awesome!, I am going to take it the dealer for first full fluid change. I am also looking for owners manual and service manual. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks again..I just love this forum :angelwin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great bike and good price! Get the manual and learn to check things out and fix them for yourself. The members here are all willing to provide their advice and experience. For your own peace of mind your should establish a list (and budget) of things to replace and start from new. Most will tell you change all fluids first (Oil, anti freeze, clutch and brake fluid), tires, brake pads, spark plugs and maybe battery. There are many things you can check and and as a result, will learn how to maintain your bike. The temptation will be to add chrome or pipes and tuner. Enjoy your bike and welcome to the forum.

All the best, Larry

·
myvrodrocks
6,023 Posts
I saw this thread a bit late. I work in the financing business and the book value (max we would loan) on the bike is $8900. 6k sounds like a grab for sure. Now that I see the extras I think you made a good buy.

One more thing to check. The fuel lines that run from the tank to the throttle bodies run right across the could pack and it will rub a hole in them. Zip tie the lines and wiring together and that will hold the lines up off the engine...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I saw this thread a bit late. I work in the financing business and the book value (max we would loan) on the bike is $8900. 6k sounds like a grab for sure. Now that I see the extras I think you made a good buy.

One more thing to check. The fuel lines that run from the tank to the throttle bodies run right across the could pack and it will rub a hole in them. Zip tie the lines and wiring together and that will hold the lines up off the engine...
Thanks myvrodrocks, I infact paid $5800 with T-bags, HD motorcycle cover & helmet. I believe its a good deal. I will check the fuel lines and tie them up , thanks for the suggestion.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
OK Folks!, Thanks for all the advice. I finally brought my bike home today. I was contemplating for a while and pulled the trigger today. The bike is awesome!, I am going to take it the dealer for first full fluid change. I am also looking for owners manual and service manual. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks again..I just love this forum :angelwin:
A wise choice sir.
Check your PM inbox.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeeee ha , Ponnu , let the fun begin.
Thats a real nice bike . Good price too. Now wear the bugger out !!!!
Just the other day I went and knocked up 300 ks on mine . Wow , what a blast. My Radar Detector warned me 5 times during the ride , just as well otherwise my licence would be gone for sure .
Im enjoying mine , its a real fun bike .
Ive still gotta somehow get the from brake lever closer to the grip. My fat little fingers just wont cover it sufficiently for me . I like to be ready all the time . I wonder if it will tolerate any bending ????
Congratulations on your purchase .
Regards Skiddin.

·
boredom kills
2,326 Posts

run right across the could pack What do you mean?

·
boredom kills
2,326 Posts

Congratulations!

Be sure to have the dealer check the neck bearings and nut, On the original 02 and 03's they would losen up. It effects fall away.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its sleeping in my Garage tonight!

Beautiful Bike, I would say well bought. Nice extras I see luggage rack, base plate sissy bar and pad, possible the sundowner seat and pillion. These parts new were about $600. Plus you already got the Vance & Hines exhaust another $700+. It's easy to see why the seller stuck by his price. You should be able to find the owners manual in a digital version on the HD web site. I also found a free 2003 VRSCA service manual in PDF by snooping around the internet. I agree change all the fluids and check the date codes on the tires. Add a Quick-Release Detachable Touring Windshield and (Re)Discover a love of riding.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Beautiful Bike, I would say well bought. Nice extras I see luggage rack, base plate sissy bar and pad, possible the sundowner seat and pillion. These parts new were about $600. Plus you already got the Vance & Hines exhaust another $700+. It's easy to see why the seller stuck by his price. You should be able to find the owners manual in a digital version on the HD web site. I also found a free 2003 VRSCA service manual in PDF by snooping around the internet. I agree change all the fluids and check the date codes on the tires. Add a Quick-Release Detachable Touring Windshield and (Re)Discover a love of riding.
LOL, 9 years late to the party.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts