Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON THE WAY!!! ordered from jakewilson.com 188.00 for rear and 128.00 for front, best prices i could find, just passing it along.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You won't be dissapointed !!!!! I put mine on last winter and I've enjoyed them all summer. They seem to be holding their tread well and they handle great !! The only thing that could make me change to a different brand now will depend on the new Michelins and what kind of reviews they recieve.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good! i have only heard good things about these Pirellis, and i am also anxious to hear about the Michelins!

·
Registered
600 Posts
What is funny about that is that Jakwilson.com and RockyMountainATV.com are actually the same company operating under two different names to target different segments of the industry.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just double checked, both tires shipped UPS to my door for 317.98, matter of fact both the websites have the same (i know because it's incorrect) picture of the tires, i think they link to the same place

·
Registered
342 Posts
Why would anyone worry about $20 on a deal for good tires that you really want. If your worried about $20 toward your bike then you own the WRONG bike.:D

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
$20 is $20. I used a promo code of rmcs20 and it got me the $20.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

·
Pure Hooliganism
686 Posts
Yes, the Night Dragon does come in a 180.
They do, huh? Well, I will have to look into this tire! I had not heard of this tire before. Just got new Metz on yesterday, but will check into the Night Dragon for the next go round!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I put Metzlers on in April. They were frigin AWESUM at first. Have 6k miles on them and they are both junk now. They both have the same frigin goofy a$$ wear pattern to them. The back is much worse than the front.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
6K miles for Metz is good, I wish I could get that out of my rear tire.

I'm not buying that Pirelli or Avons are better, I'm just not going to drink that cool-aid. :D

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
6K miles for Metz is good, I wish I could get that out of my rear tire.

I'm not buying that Pirelli or Avons are better, I'm just not going to drink that cool-aid. :D
Only way to know for sure is to try them and see if they fit YOUR needs....or stay thirsty!
They are the only 2 tires I will run. I have experience with both along with Dunlops of many styles, Metz and Michelin along with every cheap-ass, hillbilly brand made back in the days of little money.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I've run the dun-pops, Avon and like Metz tires the best. My buddy has a Pirelli on his 1550 and says it won't hook for $hit and really don't think he'll be buying another set.

I've read the cool-aid threads about Avon sticking and better mileage, guess what you CAN'T have both unless Avon has a new special formula thats going to put all other tires makers out of business. If it sticks better you give up mileage and if you get mileage you give up performance.

Yes some has been drinking tooooo much cool aid. :rofl:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I've run the dun-pops, Avon and like Metz tires the best. My buddy has a Pirelli on his 1550 and says it won't hook for $hit and really don't think he'll be buying another set.

I've read the cool-aid threads about Avon sticking and better mileage, guess what you CAN'T have both unless Avon has a new special formula thats going to put all other tires makers out of business. If it sticks better you give up mileage and if you get mileage you give up performance.

Yes some has been drinking tooooo much cool aid. :rofl:
I don't buy tires for mileage, never did. Don't understand that as a priority especially with this bike and sports bikes. I'm more concerned with what works for my style of riding. Someone else may differ.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I don't buy tires for mileage, never did. Don't understand that as a priority especially with this bike and sports bikes. I'm more concerned with what works for my style of riding. Someone else may differ.
Agree

1 - 20 of 28 Posts