Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a couple threads on both tires, bust most are older threads. Any body have a recent experience on either or both?

The front on my 08 is cupped/scalloped and the rear will be due soon (they are the stockers with 6600 miles or so). I ride somewhat aggressively on curvy two lane mostly with some tearing around the metro on the interstates, maybe half the time being two-up.

Any feedback is appreciated! :notworth:

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
I've read a couple threads on both tires, bust most are older threads. Any body have a recent experience on either or both?

The front on my 08 is cupped/scalloped and the rear will be due soon (they are the stockers with 6600 miles or so). I ride somewhat aggressively on curvy two lane mostly with some tearing around the metro on the interstates, maybe half the time being two-up.

Any feedback is appreciated! :notworth:
I am running a Night Dragon and a Diablo. I am using Dyna-beads for balancing. Compared to the Sh*t-lops I took off the bike they are amazing so far. I have a 1000mi on them and they are smooth and stick very well in both hot and cool environments. Dunlops would wear bad and slip in cooler weather. I don't ride when its raining (no windshield) so I cant say how they perform on wet roads.

·
Defender of Freedom
716 Posts
Night Dragons front and rear FTW!!!:chainsaw:

Both are great sets of tires. Neither will give you tons of mileage (average for the Pirelli's is 6-7K, and the Conti's are even less). ND's are super predictable, warm up very fast in all temps, maintain traction superbly in the wet and dry, and don't lose predictability as they wear. Conti's are designed for more aggressive riding and as such will give you less mileage than the Pirelli's will. I don't know how well they perform in the wet or if they lose predictability as they wear. My vote is for the Pirelli's. I won't buy any other tire for my bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Two different bikes I've owned have had Pirelli Night Dragons on them, and within a short time, they started to get all choppy, wearing very unevenly. Pressures were always perfect (set to OEM specs), but I've never gotten good wear out of them.

I'm leaning toward the Bridgestone Excedera when I have to replace these. They're roughly half the price, and if I can get the same mileage out of them, I'm all for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts