Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I have had my 03 V-Rod for a year and love it.
Need some opinions on changing out my pipes. I have the stock pipes now. I do not like the V-Mod's. I was looking at the SE II, Vance & Hines (do not really like the heat shield) or the Rineharts. My choice right now is the Rineharts. I want a good sound and not lose horsepower.
Also, has any one put a set of chrome struts on their V-Rod. I was looking at doing that with the turn signal in it.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
If you don't want to lose hp then DO NOT get the rineharts.You will lose hp with them.You want good sound and power get the supertrapp v-5 system or the turbo tec's.They are the best for power.But others will say the st and the tt have limited right-hand turning.I myself haven't ran into that problem.

·
its safe to surf
136 Posts
I've been looking at the sg II any input? good and bad? also where is a good shop in the DFW area to have them installed ??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yellowcat, I have the Screaming Eagle II's (16 gauge). They are in excellent condition and I'm willing to sell them for $375 + shipping. If interested please pm me. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I love my 16ga SE's.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Of those options, I would go with the 16ga SE pipes. V&H make them and they are virtually identical to the V&H pipes internally. The Rinehart's are very well made, but they suck in the performance department.

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ezrider, I may take you up on the deal in about a week. I want to see how davidn's bike turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts