Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered my first Harley and joined this forum. Need some advise on customization.
Night Rod Special
Having dealer install Vance & Hines Comp series pipes. They also recommend getting the EFI super tuner item to optimize performance. It's an additional $450 plus labor. Does anyone if know it's really worth the extra money?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Does it yourself. Not hard at all and save sum $$$ from the stealers any way, chance you can!! And like DLL66 said yes SUNDOWNER!!

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
don't run the bike without a tuner:spank:

PCV and A/T
or Xied but you get the bike only around 13.8 afr so i don't if it would be alright with free flow pipes, somebody have tought on this?

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Welcome! Ride it, and you will know what it needs for you. Make sure the seat/feet/hands are right for you. Pain sux, and if it is comfortable, you ride more. Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a 3 hour ride back from the dealer when I pick up the bike in Orlando. Should be a great test for rider comfort

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I picked up my new Night Rod today. Wow
Rode it back from Orlando (200 miles), I'm one happy guy. Everything I hoped it would be, Except one minor issue. Had V&C comp pipes installed and find they catch the ground leaning right. know a way to raise them up a bit?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Use the search feature. There is loads of topics on this pipe one of them is the latest version of this pipe has rear mount which offers some adjustment from what I read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts