Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 09 DX, because of the front controls and the pipe placement on the bike it burns holes in all of my jeans. I saw somewhere a guy wearing this thing on his inner right calf that absorts the heat. Its kind of hard to explain, but its a peice of some sort of leather or something that is velcro or something else that wraps around the calf area with a thick protective armor or whatever it is on the inner part to absort the heat. I dont wana ruin my boots, because I use sports bike track boots that offer a lot of ankle and foot protection, just wondering if anyone else has seen what Im talking about, knows the name of it or where I can buy it... Thanx a lot guys

·
Road rash hurts!!!!
191 Posts
I where regular jeans boots inside dont have any issues with heat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you but that's not it, it kind of is. It's probably 1/4th the size of half chaps, and you aline it with the pipe, and the way it comes together on the opposite end is either a small clamp or buckle. But thanks for the advise, I just need something smaller, much smaller

·
Vic Jacoby
1,459 Posts
Sounds like something that coulda been home-made. Find a cool wide belt and cut it down to fit your calf -- use that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts