Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size allen wrench are the pinch bolts ? (in the lower legs)
I have tried both inch and metric but nothing fits properly. I thought I had every size, please help me out ! I dont want to destroy the bolts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
8mm, to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, I tried 5mm it almost works but feels a bit to lose, and I haven't found and inch ones that are a few hairs bigger. What inch size is that ? ? ?

The threads could be 8mm. I have got button head allens on mine are yours possibly cylindric heads ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5mm is a few hairs to small !

Janne90 said:
Nope, I tried 5mm it almost works but feels a bit to lose, and I haven't found and inch ones that are a few hairs bigger.

What inch size is that ? ? ?

The threads could be 8mm. I have got button head allens on mine are yours possibly cylindric heads ?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Janne90 said:
Nope, I tried 5mm it almost works but feels a bit to lose, and I haven't found and inch ones that are a few hairs bigger. What inch size is that ? ? ?
The threads could be 8mm.
I have got button head allens on mine are yours possibly cylindric heads ?
Which bolts are we talking about? The pinch bolts for the triple trees are 8mm Hex head bolts. If you're talking about the bolts that hold the Axle on the right lower leg, then I believe they are standard. I don't remember the size. Maybe 1/4" or 5/16"?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My english isn't native sorry, I thought that the two bolts on the clamp holding the wheel axle were the pinch bolts.
What are they called ? And most important do you know the wrench size.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Janne90 said:
My english isn't native sorry, I thought that the two bolts on the clamp holding the wheel axle were the pinch bolts.
What are they called ? And most important do you know the wrench size.
That's as good a description as any. I am the one who misread your post. Your English is fine. I believe they are standard size. I want to say 1/4 inch or 5/16 inch. I am not positive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try that. Thanks !
1/4" is more than 6mm and much to big.
Which size comes next ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts