Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fit or mounting difference in the pillion on the VRSCA and DX models between the years. Once I get my 08 DX, I want to replace the stock pillion with the pillion on the A for a smoother look. I never ride 2 up so comfort isn't an issue, at least for a passenger.

GPG

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pillion

You're right, if there is any interchangeability its probably with the 07 and 08s with 240 rear tires. Thanks, I'll make sure with the dealer.

I checked the HD website and it sure looks like the 08 DX in some of the pictures have the A model pillion. Go figure, another accessory to buy.

Thanks,

GPG

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I have the AW pillion on my DX....the A model is PRE wide frame and will NOT fit....

hated the stock DX "thick" pillion...pics in gallery.

Dan

·
Never too late!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rocker Dan,

That's the confirmation I needed . Quite a nice scooter you have there.

GPG

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
gguillie said:
Rocker Dan,

That's the confirmation I needed . Quite a nice scooter you have there.

GPG

no problem,and thanks!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
gguillie said:
You're right, if there is any interchangeability its probably with the 07 and 08s with 240 rear tires. Thanks, I'll make sure with the dealer.

I checked the HD website and it sure looks like the 08 DX in some of the pictures have the A model pillion. Go figure, another accessory to buy.

Thanks,

GPG
Try getting an 08 pillion from an AW. The mounting on the fender should be the same and the rear tires are both 240s so there shouldn't be any fitment problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts