Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are a couple pictures of the spark plug fragments I was able to retrieve from my front cylinder. I’ve never had a spark plug do this before.

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The plug has been broken for some time. You can see that the fire was jumping around the crack at the top of the insulator.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max said:
The plug has been broken for some time. You can see that the fire was jumping around the crack at the top of the insulator.
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
My first thought on seeing the ground tab still intact that the plug broke possibly to improper installation.Maybe installed w a socket that didn't have the rubber protector.
By the condition of the broken porcelin at the break,it looks like it's been this way for some time.
There is some agreement on that. Odd that the bike ran for so long with no noticeable affect from the broken plug. I've had the bike for about a year and have had no need to check them up to this point. The bike has about 6800 miles on it.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The good news is all the breakage occurred above the line of fire. No bits and pieces in the middle of the works.

Replace it and push on.

RJ

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
KVD said:
Attached are a couple pictures of the spark plug fragments I was able to retrieve from my front cylinder. I’ve never had a spark plug do this before.

The Ford Lightning boys run so much boost...and with lean tunes in the 1/4 they eject plugs right outta da head..... :deal:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts