Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pictures of your A or AW bike with a DX cowl light mounted on it. If you do have any of the cowls and Bclams been painted black when mounted on an Anodized bike and if so can you post photos of it!! thanks oh and is the wiring on the DX light different then the A headlight because I only see one bulb in the DX. Can I make this a HID light....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im wondering if i paint it black would it look silly with an anodized bike....

·
Registered
291 Posts
isn’t the cowl made form aluminum? Can't you strip it polish it up clear coat it and it would match the rest of the tins. A frind of mine has the DX cowl on a 03 or 04 A painted orange an it looks pretty good.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
the cowl is plastic ,,i think lux photo shopped this idea and it did look good from memory, but i think it had a black frame

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Jaysvrsca has a nacelle painted to match his '02, it looks awesome. I think black may look a little odd unless you can tie it in with other black features.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking it might match the smoked tail light, seat and rad grille middle but that is a shot in the dark. My original plan is to paint to match my anodized tins but id like to see if someones thrown contrast at it ...

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
New but Old!
354 Posts
Black would look great if you had other things black as well, Black and anodized is a great combination.

The cowl is thick fiberglass with a steel mount. Never cared for the aesthetics though. Sits up to and does not flow with the rest of the bike. Functionally it does very little if anything.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, I have a black cowl and it will def be gone someday. It takes away from that MC look, and makes it look more like a sport bike.

Im thinking RIZOMA bars, R headlight with trim pcd black, flipped F mirrors PC'd black, fork tubes and fork boots.

something similar to this

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1934653&postcount=69

1 - 11 of 11 Posts