Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put both on and they look great! I am a little disappointed with the Windvest as the wind hits me in the forehead and I'm only 5" 7"!?
I just called them and they said they are coming out with a 18" shield for the Vrod. Not sure what I'm going to do?I do have adjusted all the way up! :sad: :rofl2: Fredfryguy

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
16"

16" the highest one they make now. I bought it with the group buy on this forum. fred
0992 said:
What is the height of the Windvest you got from them?

·
skin changer
824 Posts
Fred,
Thanks for the fast reply and your comments. I'f I'm reading you right...I'm probably better off with my super sport windshield with my 2 1/2" risers that I had made...especially since I'm 6' tall. I can't see a benifit to the Windvest...unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the info.

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
fredfryguy said:
Just put both on and they look great! I am a little disappointed with the Windvest as the wind hits me in the forehead and I'm only 5" 7"!?
I just called them and they said they are coming out with a 18" shield for the Vrod. Not sure what I'm going to do?I do have adjusted all the way up! :sad: :rofl2: Fredfryguy
Fred have you looked into a Wille G seat I think it is an inch lower may be the way to go.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow!
This bike looks awesome. The black on black combined with the pipes and headlight make your bike look more traditional. The radiator seems to disappear. Great job!
/Steve

·
Registered
424 Posts
What diameter headlight is that?

5" or 7"?

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
this may be why the wind hits me a little higher. I had the seat cushion trimmed down a lot.

Greg

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Fredfryguy, nice job! That's one clean machine! You should be proud.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 3/4

5 3/4" plain Arlen ness with his mounting bracket. Fred :vrod: :laugh:
rmdbillet said:
What diameter headlight is that?

5" or 7"?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

Thank you, The traditonal Harley look is what I've been shooting for!Fred :cheers:
streetfytr68 said:
Wow!
This bike looks awesome. The black on black combined with the pipes and headlight make your bike look more traditional. The radiator seems to disappear. Great job!
/Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts