Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok going to make the deal tomorrow and I'll be a first time Harley owner. Big transition from 32 years on sport bikes. I was looking for another sport bike on Craigslist and a VRSCDX caught my eye and thought it was the most beautiful bike I've seen. After much thought I decide to pull the trigger. I'll all goes well I'll be riding it tomorrow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ok going to make the deal tomorrow and I'll be a first time Harley owner. Big transition from 32 years on sport bikes. Was looking for another sport bike on Craigslist and a VRSCDX caught my eye and thought it was the most beautiful bike I've seem. After much thought I decide to pull the trigger. I'll all goes well I'll be riding it tomorrow.
A lot of us have made the same transition. And I am VERY happy I did. I do miss my 07 R1 at times, but the DX has good power, the wife can ride along comfortably and is much more comfortable to ride over time. Congrats! What year bike? Any mods?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the new ride. I went from sport bikes and HD touring bikes. This is perfect for the middle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! What year bike? Any mods?
It's a 2009, V&H 2 into 1. V&H Fuel pack, and aftermarket front light (bulb).

Anything I should know about 2009 model. Did tons of reading and sounds like all the models were solid bikes. I'm afraid of missing the flickablity of the sport bike.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Man they handle different and definitely not like a sport bike, but they don't do bad either. It handles like any muscle bike, but enjoyable to ride.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
All I can say is be prepared for your first 80+ mph S turn road - you better be prepared to steer ( muscle ) the bike because it won't help you like a sport bike falling into the turns. Go fast in straight lines, cool it it fast switchbacks, and this is an R Model rider talking. Used properly and within the capabilities of the model you will find them to be fun and stable almost to a fault, comfortable fast and for 2 up keeps mama very happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i did the same thing switching from sport bike to a HD, and the 1st thing I've asked myself after hopping on a VRSCDX was "why didn't i get this earlier?"

congrats bro and enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also came from a sportbike, Yamaha R6. While the VROD doesn't have the upper range power. It is still PLENTY and handles decent. The first time I rode a Vrod I was amazed by the bike. You'll love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts