Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in for a seeping l/f rocker cover. All they did was replace the gasket. I have lived with the tiny leak for almost a year. My warranty is up as of today, so I got in just under the wire. If the leak comes back, at least they will still address it now. BTW, they filled it up with gas for free. They also drove me home and picked me up when the work was done. :)


John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
WOW, that's a large license plate holder. Are all cycle plates frames that large for the bikes destined out of the USA?
 

·
G'Day mate
Joined
·
175 Posts
Hey Robyyy,

Theres your first mod - what a plate holder that monster is. Mine is only a third the size of that and it's going soon.

There are various aftermarket plate holders available - check out Rizoma, V-Mod.com, Eurocomponents and RMD Billet to mention a few.

Break out that wallet!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Ketsugo said:
Was in for a seeping l/f rocker cover. All they did was replace the gasket. I have lived with the tiny leak for almost a year. My warranty is up as of today, so I got in just under the wire. If the leak comes back, at least they will still address it now. BTW, they filled it up with gas for free. They also drove me home and picked me up when the work was done. :)


John
John,

My dealer has free pickup and delivery service. They also clean the bike when they are done working on it. They even give me a free loader bike if I want it. Most of the dealers in this area have pick up and deliver service. I am glad you had a good experience with your dealer. There are a lot of people on the forum that have had bad experiences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,065 Posts
SSTuner said:
WOW, that's a large license plate holder. Are all cycle plates frames that large for the bikes destined out of the USA?
Hi SSTuner Seens they all are like this in oz from what i have seen !
I did notice mine was large after looking at members pics!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,065 Posts
Da-Smasha said:
Hey Robyyy,

Theres your first mod - what a plate holder that monster is. Mine is only a third the size of that and it's going soon.

There are various aftermarket plate holders available - check out Rizoma, V-Mod.com, Eurocomponents and RMD Billet to mention a few.

Break out that wallet!!
Hi Da-Smasha Thanks for info ! YES it is a monster Thanks for links,
I will look into that plate holder .and trim it down a little
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,065 Posts
dapriadi said:
Hi Rob,

Your plate holder is bigger than mine. Maybe it's because yours is 2002?

Check mine at www.bushdoof.com/duddy

Cheers
TY Duddy for the link i like that Air Box Cover Bra looks neat looks like i will need some seeds for that money tree ! Yes must be the 2003 has a differnt Plate holder than the 2002 i wonder what else is differnt
I havet seen any V-Rods on the road here , seems there a rare item in sydney i wonder how many of them are registerd in nsw? Mabe RTA can help!
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
Robyyy don't cut that dogs a$$ instead lease it out as a billboard. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,065 Posts
Dogs A$$

Christine said:
You're right it is the 02. Here's mine:
http://www.vrodforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465

And what's more our number plates HAVE to be that big. I was speaking with someone at the weekend who got booked for having one 1cm too small - the policeman actually got down and measured it.
Your Right Christine must be the 02 UK and AU 2002 Models with the huge A$$ (seems that cop may have a thing about A$$'$ :spank: if he was measuring them)
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top