Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first bike I've ever bought, 2003 vrsca 100th anniversary edition. Beautiful bike. Fun to ride. Only problem is my shoulders or arms block the mirross no matter how I adjust. Anyone done a flip on the A? Everything ive found while searching is just about the muscles.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks great! You mention it's the first bike you've bought- I've owned 4 and ridden many more... the shoulders and arms are always the highlight of the view in the mirrors. Not sure there's much to do about it! Maybe bar-end mirrors?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know just what you are talking about I have a 03 and I never like the mirror's I try'ed other's never found any that worked any better.one day a friend of mine stuck those little 3/4 round spot mirror's on mine said he was tired of me complaining about not being able to see behind me told me to just try them and take them off if you do not like them well I still do not like them but at least there is no blind spot and they help to see what is behind me I know most people do not notice them some think there suppose to be there but to me there not but would I take them off no I know they have helped save my a$$ a lot of time's

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
There are inexpensive extensions that you can mount between stem of mirror and handlebar , I think you can get them in 3/4" and 1 1/2" , that raises your mirror up and out . They may not look that great on a show bike , but aren't that ugly either . Check Kuryakin .
Mike

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I have ridden many vrod and all the same. pitiful views out the back.
The only real solution is to rais the mirrows 10 inches but we all know how stupid that looks.

I dont even bother looking in them anymore I look around my shoulder i. e. turn my head around

·
VRSC est -03
3,096 Posts
I like the design of the stock mirror:
Cut the mirror stem (non chrome version), extend it 2", weld, grind/file, paint. Muuch better. Cheap too!

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
260 Posts
J&P Cycles...they dont look fancy but for about $20 each side you can get a round mirror on an extended shaft. They dont vibrate (much) and you can see past your shoulders.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mirror Extension

Get a set of mirror extensions (about $25). Just be aware of the threading. A lot of the extensions are sold with metric thread. I had to buy a replacement bolt for the additional length required and also needed a conversion bolt (metric to SAE) to attach the extension to the mirror. The extensions put the mirrors off my shoulders with a clear view behind me. The extensions and conversion bolt are easy online finds.

Enjoy the VROD - a great bike to ride and after nine years of commuting, still going strong. Main issue I have had is head bearing replacement - twice in 9 years!
Automotive lighting Headlamp Personal protective equipment Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I put Tribal mirrors on my DX from day one for the same reason. There are many aftermarket mirrors that will do the same thing. Pop into a metric dealer and cruise the floor. Something will jump out that will work and look good.
Ron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts