Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat. Morn. go to make my grocery run to the store and when I came to the intersection of my road there's a bike laying in the middle of the intersection and a guy walking away taking his glove off of his left hand. He goes over to the guardrail and sets down and his friend parks his bike and starts over to him. Meanwhile the guy takes his watch off of his left wrist and I noticed it's just dangling. So I hop out of my truck and ask if he wants me to take him to the hospital and he doesn't answer. In the meantime someone else stops and calls 911 for help and the guy looks like he's going to pass out so we laid him on the ground. Turns out he has a compound fracture in his left wrist. Ambulance takes him to the hospital and me and his friend take his bike back to my house for the time being. It's not tore up too bad just scratched a little, but I felt sorry for the guy. He was an older gentleman with this nice looking Motto and he over braked in the front and dumped it in the middle of the road. Turns out he had to have surgery on his wrist, luckily that was all.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Bikers helping bikers, you're a good guy. Hope the fella is ok and rides again, those Guzzi's are tough bikes.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
That was very nice of ya :thumb: hope the guy heals up quick!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His friend told me that had been his 3rd wreck in the last 2 years. Might have to consider doing something else.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,491 Posts
mtlwrk said:
His friend told me that had been his 3rd wreck in the last 2 years. Might have to consider doing something else.
Comes a time for us all when we need to "hang up our spurs" and "third times a charm" as they say.
Just might be his come to Jesus moment.
Great that you were there to help.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
mtlwrk said:
me and his friend take his bike back to my house for the time being. It's not tore up too bad just scratched a little

So how does she handle??? :stilpoke:

Nice of you to help out!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I can only imagine the "chin music" he had to listen to from his "other half" while he was layin' in the hospital !!! That alone would make you want to give up one or the other!!!

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
Last time I had 3 in a row (within a few months) I gave up riding for 10+ years.
I told myself I was pushing my luck. I am glad I took it back up though.

Maybe he should look into the new ABS brakes on the V-Rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts