George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sheesh! Little things!

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Working Thurs, so I don't get off until 0800 Fri morning.... Depending on whether or not others in the West Coast area are going, I plan to be on the road noon-ish.....

Thinking of running to the Homestead area, taking a room and then doing the poker run Sat AM...... Anyone wanting to hook up, gimme a call 305-797-6032

Planned route below

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
capngeo said:
Working Thurs, so I don't get off until 0800 Fri morning.... Depending on whether or not others in the West Coast area are going, I plan to be on the road noon-ish.....

Thinking of running to the Homestead area, taking a room and then doing the poker run Sat AM...... Anyone wanting to hook up, gimme a call 305-797-6032

Planned route below

I'll give you a call Saturday afternoon. Maybe we can meet up in Key West and tip back a few. :cheers:

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
A month too early for me....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Still thinking about it. Don't know if there's still time to find a place to stay down there.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teufel-hunden said:
Still thinking about it. Don't know if there's still time to find a place to stay down there.
Try386-454-2836 ask for Caroline... she has several guest houses

Another great (and sort of unknown) hotel is the Marriot on North Roosevelt... dunno the number but its in the book.... 2 miles from Duval, but nice place and 1/3 the price of the Old-Town places

·
Registered
172 Posts
capngeo said:
Try386-454-2836 ask for Caroline... she has several guest houses

Another great (and sort of unknown) hotel is the Marriot on North Roosevelt... dunno the number but its in the book.... 2 miles from Duval, but nice place and 1/3 the price of the Old-Town places
I'll give caroline a call tomorrow. Tried the Marriott, but only had rooms for $289/night. ouch!

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Teufel-hunden said:
I'll give caroline a call tomorrow. Tried the Marriott, but only had rooms for $289/night. ouch!
Yikes! I have a hammock!

·
Registered
172 Posts
capngeo said:
Yikes! I have a hammock!

Who knows, the trip might happen. The gf is scouring the internet for a place to stay. If she can find something closer to $200 we might take it.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like to camp? Boyd's campgrpund on stock islsnd

·
Registered
172 Posts
capngeo said:
Like to camp? Boyd's campgrpund on stock islsnd

Ok, it's a done deal. Not going to make it for the poker run. Crazy prices are making me save my money for biketober.

HOWEVER, I'd be willing to meet up with you once you get in the area and ride down to Homestead or as far as you want to go down. We could hit alabama jacks then I could peel off from there. I'm off on Friday so anytime is great. I could meet you around the 75/595 area. There's a HD right around there or a place called Cafe 27 near 75 and 27.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
capngeo said:
Anyone Going???? I am!

My brother-in-law lives in Naples. He said he is going on that ride. He has a black 06 A and his chic has a red sportster. Although he said there were tons of bikes going on this ride, so its not likely you'll see him LOL

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Teufel-hunden said:
Ok, it's a done deal. Not going to make it for the poker run. Crazy prices are making me save my money for biketober.

HOWEVER, I'd be willing to meet up with you once you get in the area and ride down to Homestead or as far as you want to go down. We could hit alabama jacks then I could peel off from there. I'm off on Friday so anytime is great. I could meet you around the 75/595 area. There's a HD right around there or a place called Cafe 27 near 75 and 27.
As I said... I have a place in KW.... It might be cramped, but I can put you up for a night if you want to save a few $$

I'll be coming down 27 Fri..... prob about 5-ish Gonna leave Sarasota about noon and ride easy (I have a buddy riding along with a Sporty). I gotta find a room in Homestead. Maybe AJ's Sat late morning/ early afternoon??

·
Registered
172 Posts
capngeo said:
As I said... I have a place in KW.... It might be cramped, but I can put you up for a night if you want to save a few $$

I'll be coming down 27 Fri..... prob about 5-ish Gonna leave Sarasota about noon and ride easy (I have a buddy riding along with a Sporty). I gotta find a room in Homestead. Maybe AJ's Sat late morning/ early afternoon??

Thanks for the offer for the place to stay. I'm gonna miss out though. Give me a call and let me know if you guys want another rider to take that road down with. Homestead is really close to AJ's if you want to hit dinner there. My plans are open so I'm up for anything.

John

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well... everyone has woosssed on me, so I'm riding 1-up. Might blow-off the overnight in Homestead and just ride straight thru Sat morning.

If none of y'all are going to KW, I may just ride a big loop around the lake and avoid the madness altogether. GRRRRRRR!

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awwww Pissonit! I'm not going..... gawldangit!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts