Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

How would you like to see dyno sheets done?

• Make a new section inside the photo gallery

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Make a dedicated forum for the dyno sheets

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Offer new suggestion.

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank Storms has requested a place to post dyno sheets and a list of mods that were done to the bike to go along with the dyno sheet. I have been trying to think of a way to do this. The two choices so far are to make another gallery inside the current gallery and name it dyno sheets or to make a new forum just for this information. If done in the forum then I would ask for no one to post to the threads in the forum and direct all questions in the regular forum via a link. If done in the gallery then that would avoid the posting of questions but you could still use a link to ask questions.

Thoughts, questions or ideas.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My two cents

I agree,either way , as long as you have the "power" to remove and replace incorrectly submitted items to keep it "clean" . I know all this edit stuff sometimes gets out of hand , but sometimes people honestly post wrong or don't read/understand the requests of the moderators. This is not a problem , just human error.This way it can be kept up nicely and stays looking professional. Without it becoming a 20 page thread to try to find info on.:2cents
BobT

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good points Bob and that is why I did not want people posting to the threads. That is if we decide to use a forum. This will be done according to the vote.

Max

·
2,552 Posts
I would like to see it in the forum so we can add what mods were done. I also agree that the post in this area should be the dyno sheet and the mods only.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Why not create a "sticky" thread at the top of the Performance forum just for dyno sheets and mod lists? To keep the bandwidth down, posters would place the actual dyno printout into a photo album, with a link to the photo at the top of the mod list. That way, every time someone looked at the thread they wouldn't need to download dozens of full-sized jpegs, etc. If they saw a mod list, or a performance claim that interested them, they could just go to the specific one they wanted.

Give the moderator of the forum the ability to delete any posts that go in the thread that don't meet those criteria.

Personally, I think we've got about the right number of forums already.

·
Registered
22 Posts
being that the vrod is efi you should be able to change the air filter with out changing pipes or anything and get a small power gain...it works in cars!!!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since Drew posted his idea late would we like to start this vote over again to include his idea.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I know this, as Mod at the Other board I got a few complaints on people asking "Whats the Best Exhaust"It's been gone over 100 times and if it was searched it could be found.The Performance Forum already has most of this info. Newbies instead of doing a little Homework do this all the time.It's no big deal to me,but it's a Flame War waiting to Happen!;) I'm not ready to let the" Cat out of the Bag" yet but in the Very Neer future will be doing a Full length write up for this Forum and VTF on a Major Project Sam and I are gonna be doing to my Bike!It should be a step by step how and what to do to make Huge Power!:diablo: Dyno Graphs,Parts # and Labor with prices should be included so Stay Tuned!:D

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
UGH!!!!!!!! If you blast newbies you will lose half of your members!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patients, my friend patients. And NO splattered brains, OK?:rolleyes:

JOhn

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I'm Not doing the Blasting"I think?:confused: "I just know at VTF a few of the "Old Timers"one being a Personal Friend of Yours;) !Had some pretty Tuff responses!:eek: to some repetitive questions!I know that in the racing world if you asked the Fast Guys"How do you do that" if they even think your a Threat you will not get the Time a day!I have know New racers coming to Blows over asking too much to soon and not liking the Answer!I think I have shared to any and everyone what I have done and will continue too!:cool:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I will do my Best!;) If not I'm sure you wll remind me that I'm f#cking up!:stilpoke

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
What vroddrew wrote.
1 vote

1 - 15 of 15 Posts