Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.fellow V Rodders. I am new to the community.
I bought 7 year ex. warranty with my 03 V Rod.My bike has,Vance and Hines pipes,K & N filter, topless, power commander,dynoed and mapped by the dealer,108 hp at wheel,rev limiter raised to 9000 rpm.
The dealer sold the warranty with all mods. except removal of airbox lid.
Has anyone had warranty claim problems, or know how these mods will effect any future warranty claims.
I appreciate the forum, thanks to all you regulars and organizers.
Harry Love Lakeland, Fl.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Hi Harry and welcome. One correction, you haven't changed the rev limiter as 9000 or 9100 is stock from the factory. The only way to adjust the rev limiter is with the HD Race Tuner. It can't be accomplished with the Power Commander.

If your dealer is aware of your mods and sold it to you that way, then you shouldn't have a problem. If you took the bike to another dealer for warranty work, they could decline any repairs due to your mods.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
:stupid: :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI. John, thanks for the prompt reply.I will check with the dealer about the warranty/mods. issues and post the results.
I have removed the air box cover since the dealer performed the other mods.Do I need to have it re-mapped on the dyno ?
The exhaust still looks quite black even after a hard run.
What should I do with the sensor that was in the cover ? :helpme:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
HARRY said:
HI. John, thanks for the prompt reply.I will check with the dealer about the warranty/mods. issues and post the results.
I have removed the air box cover since the dealer performed the other mods.Do I need to have it re-mapped on the dyno ?
The exhaust still looks quite black even after a hard run.
What should I do with the sensor that was in the cover ? :helpme:
Hi Harry,
It's not necessary because the maps are on the fat side anyway. IF you want to squeeze the last few pony's out then a dyno session with a skilled tuner is in order.

Take the sensor out of the cover and tape, or velcro it inside the air box.

John

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again John.One more question.What do you think of the Vance & Hines pipes ? Should I be getting better performance, 108 hp cool air sea level {Fl. winter }.while brousing the forum I found where you are getting 117 hp. What have I done wrong.
Too much hp is almost enough !!!
Your forum regulars are great

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
HARRY said:
Thanks again John.One more question.What do you think of the Vance & Hines pipes ? Should I be getting better performance, 108 hp cool air sea level {Fl. winter }.while brousing the forum I found where you are getting 117 hp. What have I done wrong.
Too much hp is almost enough !!!
Your forum regulars are great
Harry,
You have done nothing wrong but you will need some dyno time to get better numbers as the stock maps are generic and no two bikes are identical. The V&H pipes are virtually identical to the SE 16ga pipes. In fact I'm under the impression that V&H is the producer of the SE's. I have a buddy with the SE 16ga pipes V-Modded and he went from 110 rwhp to 115+ with some dyno time. The same guy dynoed both of our bikes.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts