Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
George
5,411 Posts
danafwelch said:
Of course that would assume that the fuel-challenged of us would have the forthought to actually anticipate their running out of fuel and fill the box before hand.....

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
capngeo said:
Of course that would assume that the fuel-challenged of us would have the forthought to actually anticipate their running out of fuel and fill the box before hand.....
I believe the idea is to carry it collapsed (it is very thin that way and will easily fit in a saddlebag, handlebar pouch or the back of your jeans) and should you run out...you can send someone ahead with it to bring back some petrol.

·
George
5,411 Posts
Whenever out of town, I carry one of these....

1/2 liter of SAFE gas storage

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I carry an MSR fuel cylinder too. That's the best way to go. I find it's convenient to help my airhead buddies when they run out of gas.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
3.25? I can barely get 3.......
MSR can does work well though.
I saw plenty of V's in Sturgis with a strapped-on gas can.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I carried a 1 gallon red tank in my saddle bag. That was BEFORE the upgrade. ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
capngeo said:
Whenever out of town, I carry one of these....

1/2 liter of SAFE gas storage
where can i get one??

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
gstern75 said:
where can i get one??
Any Camping store. They sell right next to the gas lanterns, and camping stoves.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
They're tough too! I once dropped one in a fire. The fire burned all night and the next day I took the bottle out, wiped it off, and still use it.

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
danafwelch said:
Hmm, I think I can design a similar one and produce it for about half the cost. Just give me a few years to get some CAD drawings up and a few beta units out. Speaking of which, I'm gonna need some beta testers. Any takers? :D

·
George
5,411 Posts
Will it clear the belt?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts