Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local HD dealer can't sell me a PCIII or even a SERT now because they said the state cracked down on them last year. Is it just me or is this just pointless harassment against bikers? Considering that they're out to get us on vehicles that get similar MPG to those stupid Toyota hybrids that look like an ugly shoe. And I can still get headers, exhaust and fuel management chips for my damn Jeep that gets 13MPG on a good day.

Red commie bastards...

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Ebay

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Don't forget Hales. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
violet said:
I know I can still get them. I'm not shopping on the black market just yet. I was just ranting about the ol' PRC giving us bikers a hard time over nothing. The Governator has 7 Hummers but adjusting the FA ratio on my scoot is a crime.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
That is truely sad. 7 Hummers hah? Thats a total of 49 MPG's and you get that from your little 1130cc motorcycle. Where's the justice?

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Moby,
You can go over to Mammoth Motorsports in Rohnert Park and and get a custom map made, that's what I did.

shoe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shudude said:
Moby,
You can go over to Mammoth Motorsports in Rohnert Park and and get a custom map made, that's what I did.

shoe
What are they charging for that shoe?

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
There's a brand new PCIIIusb for sale at California Performance Iron on 1639 Marine World Parkway in Vallejo (707) 557-6969.
And just because HD is pussying out on the tuning part it doesn't mean that the indy shops do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bonketi said:
There's a brand new PCIIIusb for sale at California Performance Iron on 1639 Marine World Parkway in Vallejo (707) 557-6969.
And just because HD is pussying out on the tuning part it doesn't mean that the indy shops do.
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I just hope it will work on an 08. So far that has been my hang up. I ordered my K&N, about to order some tabs, but none of it does me any good if I can't remap an 08.

·
Registered
79 Posts
what a bunch of crap........ do what we do here in jersey...... get what you want and pay your local PRIVATE inspector to give ya a sticker!
This is America there is always someone selling something that isn't for sale! :)

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Easy there, it isn't the state picking on bikers. Try putting a non-EPA approved chip or exhaust on your car or even now your heavy truck and see how far that one flies. Modern over the road trucks now have catalytic converters, particulate traps and exhaust gas recirculation. Soon the ships in LA/Long Beach harbors will have to burn low surpher diesel rather than that nasty bunker oil they use now. Even dry cleaners and auto body shops have to use scrubbers to clean their emmissions. No more painting cars in the open air, at least not legally.
There are 36 million people trying to live in this place and when you cram too many of any animal too close together in a cage you have some friction. Cut the population in half and the need for regulation is reduced. Or do you think bikes should be exempt from pollution controls when the skies over out state are a sickly beige? Even lawnmowers now have pollution controls, why exempt bikes? Like auto tuners, bike tuners will adapt and find ways to improve power while staying EPA legal, and the use of catlaytic converters actually helps this out.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Philthy said:
Easy there, it isn't the state picking on bikers. Try putting a non-EPA approved chip or exhaust on your car or even now your heavy truck and see how far that one flies. Modern over the road trucks now have catalytic converters, particulate traps and exhaust gas recirculation. Soon the ships in LA/Long Beach harbors will have to burn low surpher diesel rather than that nasty bunker oil they use now. Even dry cleaners and auto body shops have to use scrubbers to clean their emmissions. No more painting cars in the open air, at least not legally.
There are 36 million people trying to live in this place and when you cram too many of any animal too close together in a cage you have some friction. Cut the population in half and the need for regulation is reduced. Or do you think bikes should be exempt from pollution controls when the skies over out state are a sickly beige? Even lawnmowers now have pollution controls, why exempt bikes? Like auto tuners, bike tuners will adapt and find ways to improve power while staying EPA legal, and the use of catlaytic converters actually helps this out.
You're not allowed to make that much sense in one post.

·
Registered
519 Posts
moby_dog said:
My local HD dealer can't sell me a PCIII or even a SERT now because they said the state cracked down on them last year. Is it just me or is this just pointless harassment against bikers? Considering that they're out to get us on vehicles that get similar MPG to those stupid Toyota hybrids that look like an ugly shoe. And I can still get headers, exhaust and fuel management chips for my damn Jeep that gets 13MPG on a good day.

Red commie bastards...
They can sell you the EX version which is CA legal. It all has to do with low RPM emmissions - will work fine for your setup. The dealer near me has about a dozen on the shelf...

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
moby_dog said:
What are they charging for that shoe?
About $300, Damon did a great job. He'll tune it to the way you ride. It's well worth it.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I hate to admit this, but I have the PC III - did the dyno and have the map and computer equipment .......I just don't know how to adjust the damn thing!..duh....I went back to the shop that dyno'd it to see if they'd adjust it and they just looked at me like I was stupid...guess I am! Whatever! I'd just assume pull the damn thing out - put on stock pipes and drill them out like Colormegone did - seeing that he hasn't had any issues with his set up...have you Sam?? Besides, my Vmods have made me slightly deaf!

·
Dr. Laser Guy
997 Posts
Philthy said:
:them:

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Russ VRSC-D said:
You're not allowed to make that much sense in one post.
and don't confuse the issue with facts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts