Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my V Rod a couple weeks ago and would like to know how many other v-rods are in the area and if there are any good cruises etc.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Take rt 2 west to 140 or 119 up to NH. Travel around Mt Wachusett or Quabin Reservoir. Rt 3a South od Boston toward Plymouth is pretty good. Stay off of I93, it will kill you.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
The ride to the summit of Mt. Wachusett is a nice ride with great veiws. Also follow Rt.2 to the Mohawk trail.
My favorite ride is following 119 to Vermont and then getting Rt.100 north. Lots of covered bridges, waterfalls, and mt. views.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I was really expecting the first post to read "...drive like a#$holes."

:D

Growing up in CT, I noticed that most of the maniacs on the highway were from Mass.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Doc,

You're right , most of the people here have no clue on how to drive. They don't call them Massholes for nothing. I'm a So. Cal. transplant, oh well what can you do.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Not Mass but close!

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Lerenis said:
Doc,

You're right , most of the people here have no clue on how to drive. They don't call them Massholes for nothing. I'm a So. Cal. transplant, oh well what can you do.
Lived in Cali for 10 years and I can honestly say there are some crappy drivers out there, wow. like running you off the road bad. Live in MA now and the drivers are not so much crappy as very aggressive. I think its a basic fact of life that no matter where you live in the US almost everyone is a crappy driver, except for us that is... :angeldev:

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
spinedoc said:
Lived in Cali for 10 years and I can honestly say there are some crappy drivers out there, wow. like running you off the road bad. Live in MA now and the drivers are not so much crappy as very aggressive. I think its a basic fact of life that no matter where you live in the US almost everyone is a crappy driver, except for us that is... :angeldev:

that's what I was shooting at.

yes, the drivers out here suck.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
JP,

Where you at outside of Beantown? Doc's out near Sheldon's and I'm mostly at least a half an hour from anyone else. I'm not a huge highway rider but love cruising all over the place on surface streets. I'm actually in Stoughton myself and have only seen a couple Rods around.

Cheers, MIke

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are there any local clubs or groups that get together for rides. It would be cool to get everyone together sometime.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Hi all,

I have started a get together and ride a couple of weeks ago among a few people that I have met from the area and it is turning out that there are a bunch of people interested in this meet.

So, here is the deal. I was planning on meeting at Ronnie's Fried Clams in Charlton, MA. For those that are not familiar with Ronnie's Fried Clams, they are simply the BEST! There we would shoot the shit a bit and have a bite to eat while getting to know one another.

The ride would go from there through Leicester, Paxton, Holden and on to Princeton and the summit of Mt. Wachusett. From there we would head back through the West Boylston and the Wachusett reservoir system and end it at one of a couple of pubs near Rt. 290 & 140 in Shrewsbury. Maybe The Other Place Pub on Rt. 140. From there every one could head east, west, north or south via Rt. 290 and Rt. 495 to get back home.

So what does everyone think?

I am willing to take the initiative to organize this since I have already got it started. It all started as a meeting of Worcester County V-Rods. But maybe I ought to broaden that to address all New England.

Anyway, let me know if your in for this and I will get it together.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
That sounds like a great ride but is a little to far for me. Mt Wachuset is around two hours north of me for example, straight highway time. Have a great get together!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts