Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

People Checking Out Your Ride?

4K views 63 replies 43 participants last post by  Admiral Nelson 
#1 ·
I'm always amazed at the attention these bikes get.

I walked out of the bank on Friday to a couple of high schoolers taking pics of my bike w/ their phones.

Parked it a car show today - was totally not anywhere near any of the cars and had people walking up and taking pics of it.

and anytime I'm at the local watering whole, there's usually 1-2 women that want to sit on it or go for a ride.

It's a pretty good feeling when you see people walking up to your bike when there's choppers and other tricked out Harley's worth way more and our bikes are getting all of the attention.

What kind of experiences have you guys had?

#3 ·
I had a guy say "I really hate V-Rods, but your bike looks bad ass!"
Of course he was drunk as hell, but that's what his slurring sounded like to me. Could have been "looks like ass" but I prefer to think positive.

#10 ·
Hell I'm getting all horny just looking at your bike!.........that is until you walk over to it Al.....ha-ha

#6 ·
I get more comments on my '09 Nightrod Special than all my previous bikes combined. Mostly the comments are from 20 somethings and they usually say something like "I don't like Harleys, but I would buy one of those. It's badass! Does it come stock like that?"

Phatass

#11 ·
I always have to answer a bunch of annoying questions when I ride the VRSCA, I tell most people who ask if its mine "No I dont know who's it is", But I get just as much attention when I ride the Iron, That one I can say Its not mine and Not be lying. Biggest difference is that people want to Buy the Iron from me, The VRSCA they think is a Custom and I have to convince them that its a 10 year old bike thats mostly stock and worth maybe 4K. They never believe me. My comment to them is "Why would I make this Up?"

#14 ·
Yea just about everywhere I stop people ask me: What kind of bike is that? I say: It's a Harley. 99% of the time, they never believe me.

#30 ·
Lux: "He rides an "R", they are invisible and should be."

Not sure if I agree with your comment about Lux. I think he's right about R's being invisible -- mine rarely gets a second look!
;)

#19 ·
Yesterday a traditional Harley rider stopped where I was cleaning my bike and invited me to a biker-bar called CCs Grove Inn (southwest of Chicago) >>>>>>>>> http://www.ccsgrove.com/ There were 100+ airheads there and surprisingly I was introduced to many and they checked out my V-Rod. One of the "leaders" announced that he hated V-Rods and would not even sit on one ........ since they are not really Harleys .......... but then he told everyone that this was one VRod he liked! Another guy tells me the Chicago neighborhood I live in ....... and when I asked how ........... he told me that he had heard about my bike. Another guy showed off his 1947 Knuckle Head to me.

All in all it I met a lot of guys who made me feel as welcome as any Harley "traditionalist"

#20 ·
I've been getting more good comments this summer. Then again, last summer was so bloody cold and rainy that I didn't get to ride much. (Yeah, Lux, I know...) This summer's been very nice, so I at least can take it to work and back.

Lots of "Is that a VROD?" and "What is that?" Like Lux, I tend to say, "It's a '03 VROD" and generally have to add "Harley". Then again, it's the only one up here near Keweenaw Island, and, well, people don't tend to leave the area much.

Then again, I got a compliment on my truck last week, too, and RAM 1500s are a dime a dozen around here. Must be that I take care of my toys or something...

#22 ·
The last 2 summers, there have been Cruise-Ins for old American cars mostly in my office parking lot every 4th Saturday. At least 2 times each year, I had my V there just riding to work and back. I kept it parked near the front door on the sidewalk so I could keep an eye on it. It always was the center of attention of the Cruise-In. That's just one example.

#26 ·
I get this every time I go into Waikiki here.

Japanese tourists are the best to have fun with. I had gotten on the bike to head home when two girls from Japan motioned if they could take pictures. I was nice and let them take pictures. I motioned for one of them to come and sit on the back with me. She did and her friend took and few more pictures as I drove off with her still on the back. She just pointed as to witch way I should go. Got a great ride from that one. :boobs: Never did get her name. :D

Bad Mike, bad

#29 ·
i always get compliments and people wanting to take pics with my bike.. i don't mind at all..

#32 ·
Greg, no wonder! Friggin hoopty! (I love your bike. It is awesome)
Had a bus load of German tourists pile out of a bus in New Mexico, while we stopped for gas. My German sucks, but all I kept hearing was "Komporessor!" (Supercharger) "Auchgezeiget" (Excellent) and Schoen (Pretty). Then Ann got a Spyder; Smokin Babe, rides a Spyder, and folks walk right by my shit to check her out!!!!
Bone stock Spyder, and the forget to even glance at Traveler! I am starting to feel like Al!

#33 ·
Hate to tell you this Joe, but I'm pretty sure they were checking out Ann ;)

#35 ·
around here we have no bike night, cause basically there is nowhere that is all that cool to go.. the parking lots are all boring so to speak... did manage to catch one in arkansas with robertB and ddavis.. it was pretty cool.. cool bikes, decent food, and a band.. good times

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.