Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always amazed at the attention these bikes get.

I walked out of the bank on Friday to a couple of high schoolers taking pics of my bike w/ their phones.

Parked it a car show today - was totally not anywhere near any of the cars and had people walking up and taking pics of it.

and anytime I'm at the local watering whole, there's usually 1-2 women that want to sit on it or go for a ride.

It's a pretty good feeling when you see people walking up to your bike when there's choppers and other tricked out Harley's worth way more and our bikes are getting all of the attention.

What kind of experiences have you guys had?

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
Indeed, I get a lot more attention on the V Rod F than I ever did on the Street Bob.

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I had a guy say "I really hate V-Rods, but your bike looks bad ass!"
Of course he was drunk as hell, but that's what his slurring sounded like to me. Could have been "looks like ass" but I prefer to think positive.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I had a Deer checking mine out at a full run tonight . Bambi likes the V as well , she even tried to catch a ride. But your right I get allot of thumbs ups on the road from cagers as well.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I get more comments on my '09 Nightrod Special than all my previous bikes combined. Mostly the comments are from 20 somethings and they usually say something like "I don't like Harleys, but I would buy one of those. It's badass! Does it come stock like that?"

Phatass

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I always get this.
People stop look ask about it.

Ive had people ask or make good comments while sitting at traffic lights, getting fuel, etc.

Pretty much every time I stop somewhere.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I always get this.
People stop look ask about it.

Ive had people ask or make good comments while sitting at traffic lights, getting fuel, etc.

Pretty much every time I stop somewhere.
:them:

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
My 03 would be a great tool for getting laid if I was single.
Hell I'm getting all horny just looking at your bike!.........that is until you walk over to it Al.....ha-ha

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I always have to answer a bunch of annoying questions when I ride the VRSCA, I tell most people who ask if its mine "No I dont know who's it is", But I get just as much attention when I ride the Iron, That one I can say Its not mine and Not be lying. Biggest difference is that people want to Buy the Iron from me, The VRSCA they think is a Custom and I have to convince them that its a 10 year old bike thats mostly stock and worth maybe 4K. They never believe me. My comment to them is "Why would I make this Up?"

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Yea just about everywhere I stop people ask me: What kind of bike is that? I say: It's a Harley. 99% of the time, they never believe me.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Yea just about everywhere I stop people ask me: What kind of bike is that? I say: It's a Harley. 99% of the time, they never believe me.
Hmm when Asked I say "Its called a Vrod", I try and keep the "H" word out of it until necessary.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yesterday a traditional Harley rider stopped where I was cleaning my bike and invited me to a biker-bar called CCs Grove Inn (southwest of Chicago) >>>>>>>>> http://www.ccsgrove.com/ There were 100+ airheads there and surprisingly I was introduced to many and they checked out my V-Rod. One of the "leaders" announced that he hated V-Rods and would not even sit on one ........ since they are not really Harleys .......... but then he told everyone that this was one VRod he liked! Another guy tells me the Chicago neighborhood I live in ....... and when I asked how ........... he told me that he had heard about my bike. Another guy showed off his 1947 Knuckle Head to me.

All in all it I met a lot of guys who made me feel as welcome as any Harley "traditionalist"

·
Yooper/Geek
745 Posts
I've been getting more good comments this summer. Then again, last summer was so bloody cold and rainy that I didn't get to ride much. (Yeah, Lux, I know...) This summer's been very nice, so I at least can take it to work and back.

Lots of "Is that a VROD?" and "What is that?" Like Lux, I tend to say, "It's a '03 VROD" and generally have to add "Harley". Then again, it's the only one up here near Keweenaw Island, and, well, people don't tend to leave the area much.

Then again, I got a compliment on my truck last week, too, and RAM 1500s are a dime a dozen around here. Must be that I take care of my toys or something...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts