Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

I own a 2012 Muscle, and tried the pegs flip but it do work because of a notch at one end on each peg holder. I noticed that the peg holder in my bike is black instead of the silver color on older bikes. I am dissapointed, as I'm 6'and really need the extra legroom.

I know I can get rid of the notch, but then I do not know what other differences may this part have with the one on the older bikes.:banghead:

Can anyone post a picture of the peg holder from non 2012 bikes?

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
Not quite sure I understand, when you flip the pegs take the actual peg from the right side and put it on the left and the left on the right and all should work

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
What is this Peg flipping you speak of? What does it do?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
MOAR INFO!!!! NEED MOAR INFO!! LOL Does anyone know of a thread with pics? I am going to search it. I love mods LOL

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
MOAR INFO!!!! NEED MOAR INFO!! LOL Does anyone know of a thread with pics? I am going to search it. I love mods LOL
You move the left mount to the right, and vice-versa!:stilpoke:

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
I've done it with the reduced reach pegs on my A, I don't know if it works with a Muscle. On the A, there would have been no gains with the stock pegs.

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
The muscles come with the reduce reach legs that is an option on other V's just remove the bolt at the top and pull them out switch sides and you can gain or loose a couple of inches of reach

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've done it on my '11 F as well. While it does give you the added stretch, it affects the height of both shifter and brake pedals. I compensated the shifter one by cutting the rod but I have not fixed the brake. I know people have drilled the brake cylinder to relocate the pedal a little lower but I don't feel like doing that so I just deal with it. Another issue that I have with this is the potential scrapping of the pegs on tighter turns. My pegs are all scratched up but overall, with all the negatives, I am more comfortable on longer rides. BTW, I'm 6'3"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Guys:

I own a 2012 Muscle, and tried the pegs flip but it do work because of a notch at one end on each peg holder. I noticed that the peg holder in my bike is black instead of the silver color on older bikes. I am dissapointed, as I'm 6'and really need the extra legroom.

I know I can get rid of the notch, but then I do not know what other differences may this part have with the one on the older bikes.:banghead:

Can anyone post a picture of the peg holder from non 2012 bikes?
I have a 2012 F and tried it but gave up as I ran into the same problem you had. Thought it was just me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im 6'4" tall and know all to well how uncomfortable the stock foot rests can be on a longer ride. So I just ordered the extended foot rest from Nhpower about a week ago. It's the only one I could fine online but it's a 100mm pre lay so it will give me another 4" of stretch. So, there are options out there, which is nice.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Good info everyone! I like where mine are located and The first thing I noticed when I looked at the pegs is the brake issue. I dont want to mess with that to even try the fit. I am only 5-11 5-10.5 and the fit is good for me. I have put 700 miles in a day on this bike and I didnt have even one complaint except my right hand going numb. but that is a nerve issue from an old work injury.

·
liquid smooth
321 Posts
I have a 12 muscle and did the peg flip mod. As for the notches your talking about you either have to grind off the little tab that prevents you from putting the pegs in the opposite way or The other thing you can do is remove a little material from the peg itself to clear the tab in the notch. I didn't want to modify my peg mounts so I just ground a little material off of my foot pegs to make them fit. The only thing is the pegs don't fold which doesn't matter to me cuz I never fold em up anyways. Made a huge difference for me. Im 6'2" and this definitely made the ride more comfy.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
liquid smooth
321 Posts
As for the brake all u need to do is drill another hole in you brake master cylinder rod and remove some material from the brake lever. This brings the brake pedal right where it should be. As for the shift rod don't cut it. Just remove you front pulley cover and take out the 10mm bolt from the shift lever. Pull the shift lever off of the splined shaft and rotate to rear of the bike 2 splines. This moves the shift rod back and puts your shifter forward where it should be.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The only thing is the pegs don't fold which doesn't matter to me cuz I never fold em up anyways. Made a huge difference for me. Im 6'2" and this definitely made the ride more comfy.

No one folds up the pegs on purpose. They fold up in case you're leaned over and your pegs hit something. If they won't fold up then they will probably cause the bike to do something you might regret. Unsafe mod IMHO but to each his own. I lean too far over to chance it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok! It's being confirmed that the '12 muscle peg holders are diferent from previous model years. However, I assume I can buy the peg holders from a previous year and then do the flip. Can anyone post a picture of a previous year peg holder (preferably without the pegs)???

·
liquid smooth
321 Posts
No one folds up the pegs on purpose. They fold up in case you're leaned over and your pegs hit something. If they won't fold up then they will probably cause the bike to do something you might regret. Unsafe mod IMHO but to each his own. I lean too far over to chance it.
I understand what you are saying. I just did the mod this week and I'm pretty sure if modify the foot pegs just a little bit more they will fold up fine. I don't get aggressive in the corners and have never scraped the pegs on any bike I've ever owned.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I understand what you are saying. I just did the mod this week and I'm pretty sure if modify the foot pegs just a little bit more they will fold up fine. I don't get aggressive in the corners and have never scraped the pegs on any bike I've ever owned.

Cool just be careful if you decide to get more aggressive. You never know when you might have to make an aggressive turn to avoid a texting driver. Safety police out-:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts