Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Okie, I had my horn cover replaced when the bike was brand new for a single blister in the chrome near the top.

Max

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
I had my upper belt guard replaced for a blister just recently. AS long as the my dealer did the original install it was covered. They told me if I had installed it myself I would of been out of luck. Bunch of bullshitt I think since there should be at least a 1 year warranty on parts.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I had my rear cam cover and water pump replaced for blistering.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
100th logo

I am having the right side 100th logo replaced after the "AR" peeled off. Pain in the a$$ because they tell me its a VIN verified part. Been about 2 months so far, and still no part. Heck, I could buy them on ebay, so I know it's no big deal getting it.
Greg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just about all of the pieces of chrome are blistering, peeling and flaking on mine. I also noticed a small rust spot on the frame by the gas tank (right on a weld). Bikes been in the shop for 3 weeks, still don't have it back yet. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Shop called yesterday. They said while the bike was on the lift they found more chrome blistering. they ordered the parts and will change them also. They did do the recall though.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
My luggage rack started to peel so I took it in to my stealer and they gave me a new one - no questions asked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OKIE- The rep happened to be there when I dropped the bike off. I easn't very nice or happy. I told them I wanted out of the bike. I think they would rather fix the problems than get stuck reselling one that has had so many problems. By the way--I gave the bike to my wife. Just picked up a CMC custom. I need to install reduced reach everything for her she' only 5'3"

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Maybe you guys should exchange serial numbers and see if they are close to each other, maybe it was a process or weather problem when the bikes were brand new. Just a thought.

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
peeling chrome too

i have tiny bubbles on both side cases. mines a 2002 and from what I'm told, H-D will not cover it because the one year warranty is up. i do have a six year extended warranty and am wondering if that will cover it. any body been that route?? any help will be appreciated........

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm having both my cam covers replaced under warrenty. They both had bubbles with the startings of chrome peeling off, esp behind the bolt heads.
My two year warrenty is up in May and the parts are being replaced during a service at the end of april.
I was going to replace the parts myself as I'd ridden in some bad weather and not cleaned the bike off well enough. When I phoned up to buy the parts the guy asked me the age of the bike and then said the parts should be covered under warrenty. He checked, and there were no quibbles. I hadn't even bought the bike from them. They got my future custom.
Still I learned a painfull lesson; UK winter weather eats V-rods!

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
One advantage of living in a dry climate (desert). except for the sand getting n everything.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
My muffler bracket is peeling and my dealer told me that a claim on it will be rejected. I am trying it anyway and if it's rejected, well, we'll cross that bridge then.

If it is - any suggestions? Now I know I'm the lawyer, but I would rather not sue them over som flaking chrome on a muffler bracket - but if it spreads, well, thats a problem - how can I stop it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
i had lower belt guard replaced, no problems with anything else so far.
i think it has a lot to do with the dealer. i really wished all of you had a dealer that stood behind things like the one i deal with. i've seen some things on here that would be unheard of there. by the way, if you are ever around Cox's HD in ashboro, nc try them out. don't get me wrong, dealer prices on a lot of things are still a rip off, but this is the best dealer i've ever dealt with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts