Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 09f w/ stg 2 & 58 tb

I am getting a pecking noise near the rear velocity stack. If i touch the throttlebody i can feel the pecking in it.
it doesnt peck at all times, and the bike is getting a real bad miss past the mid fuel range alot around 7k rpm. but i can rev it up and it sounds fine and it still runs real good

i took the air filter off and looked down both stacks they look fine i did notice the rear butterfly not closing sometimes & if i take a pencil i can touch the rear butterfly and it will open about halfway.

please tell me i haent bent a valve

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Take a really close look at the posts. When I first looked at mine it did not look like it was broke. However when looking really close it was cracked.They usually break right at the bolts on the shaft. Otherwise I would say you could try adjusting your idle cable. I am betting if it isn't the shaft or cable being loose it is just a noise to get used too.
Good luck.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a really close look at the posts. When I first looked at mine it did not look like it was broke. However when looking really close it was cracked.They usually break right at the bolts on the shaft. Otherwise I would say you could try adjusting your idle cable. I am betting if it isn't the shaft or cable being loose it is just a noise to get used too.
Good luck.
I'll check te posts and the cable this evening but it I've put 4k miles on this set up and it just startrd making this peck

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'll check te posts and the cable this evening but it I've put 4k miles on this set up and it just startrd making this peck
Your throttle blades are fluttering. It's caused by the motor needing more air at idle.

If you slowly twist your throttle you'll notice that it goes away. The rear blade may need to be adjusted/synched with the front one. Be careful to mark your current settings so you can return to your original starting point if necessary.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your throttle blades are fluttering. It's caused by the motor needing more air at idle.

If you slowly twist your throttle you'll notice that it goes away. The rear blade may need to be adjusted/synched with the front one. Be careful to mark your current settings so you can return to your original starting point if necessary.
i took off the air filter and started the motor the butterflies arent moving any when it is pecking

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are right after looking closely the shaft is broken

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Well that really sucks. However at least you found it.
Yea,found it before it sucked one of the bolts into the engine and destroyed it.
This is an on going problem w the oversized TB's on these engines.
There are some threads in the high performance area about this.

Once you get the problem solved,you can sync the front and rear blades with each other using a vacuum cleaner and a gauge.
After they are in sync,you should not have to mess with them again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was pretty sick just thinking about it

i may ask u more about syncing these when i get the new tb in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts