1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
email dynojet the model number and ask what years is for

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
The PCV for a 2009 F lists as part #15-006. For a 2013, it lists #15-023.

No idea what the differences are, since the motor's are pretty much identical- although it's possible that the ECU software has some slight revisions in it I suppose.

Here's the link: http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products.aspx?mk=20&mdl=317&yr=2541

I'd say a call or email to their Tech Support is in order. It will be interesting to hear the answer.

R.

·
Registered
692 Posts
12+ VROD use a can-bus system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is not correct. They all are J1850 VPW. HDLAN (Harley's term for CAN) was never used on the Vrod bikes. The differences in PCV are due to the lack of O2 sensors in the earlier models not the network type used.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Will a PCV from a ‘09 muscle work on a ‘13 muscle?...
That is not correct. They all are J1850 VPW. HDLAN (Harley's term for CAN) was never used on the Vrod bikes. The differences in PCV are due to the lack of O2 sensors in the earlier models not the network type used.
Yes, all VRSC are J1850 and yes, the difference in the PC piggyback units is the pinouts for the ECM as O2 sensors were added.
2002 to 2007 ECM had no O2 sensor connections.
2008 on have O2 sensors added using ECM pins #8 & #23
2012 on have heated O2 sensors using ECM pin #3 for O2 heater ground​
Because of this you'll have problems using a 2009 unit on a 2013 VRSC.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yes, all VRSC are J1850 and yes, the difference in the PC piggyback units is the pinouts for the ECM as O2 sensors were added.
2002 to 2007 ECM had no O2 sensor connections.
2008 on have O2 sensors added using ECM pins #8 & #23
2012 on have heated O2 sensors using ECM pin #3 for O2 heater ground​
Because of this you'll have problems using a 2009 unit on a 2013 VRSC.
SteveR nailed it. The 2012+ bikes went with heated O2 sensors (and smaller in size/smaller bungs in the pipes) resulting in a different pinout. NOW....if you wanted to experiment and replace the heated with non heated (and weld in the larger pipe bungs) then it COULD work.

I'm assuming (dangerous) that you have one of the older PCV units though....if not, just buy the right one. Even better, don't buy the PCV and buy a PV. I hate piggyback units (the PowerVision actually modifies the calibration file and flashes the Delphi ECM directly....as good as it gets).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts