Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a few have it here, I just wanted to know where is the best place to get PC V with auto tune for a vrscdx2009, keeping in mind: cost. sevice, after sale support

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
fuelmotousa.com i just got 1 for $299+ shipping. ordered it on a monday and had in in my hands on saturday. i would imagine it willl take longer and cost more for you over there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks redracer95. but I am hoping to hear more from the guys this side of the water.
as you say "i would imagine it willl take longer and cost more for you over there"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got my PCV for my 09 VRSCAW from Fuelmoto about 12-months ago, asked them for advice on what I required for my set-up which is simply V-mod pipes and a K&N filter, that's all intend to do.
Arrived in a few days, mapped to my spec and ready to plug & play.
I asked about autotune and was advised that I didn't need it, just disconnect the sensors and plug in the little connectors supplied in the box, job done.
Runs absolutely fine, much smoother more power doesn't get nowhere near so hot anymore, slightly higher fuel consumption I would say but nothing alarming. At the time with the exchange rate and import duty etc I think it was less than £250 all in. :)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just had a chat with the nearest PC dealer and the story goes like this.
if I go with the PC3 it will need to go on the dyno so it gets the right map.
around £450.00 total.
If I go with the PC5 with auto tune, I will need work on the back pipe (cut and weld)
around £550.00 total
This is a stock bike ( pipes/air filter at the moment) that I will be changing/modding over the next year. I just want it to run smoother and cooler than it does now.
so can I ask those that have had a PC 3 or 5 fitted. does the cost and work sound right?

·
Registered
962 Posts
i know this does not answer the question , but like you went down this route and spoke with dyno centre in Tamworth and the map was £180 plus unit and fitment so round £500 !

so i just fitted a VH feulpak £225 ! fitted filter and remus pipes and bike runs like a dream that was 2 years ago never had a problem , so unless you are a "tuner" or drag racing , cant see why you would want to spend £550 !

mine runs smooth no flat spots and good luck with getting a V-rod to run cooler !:notworth:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I got SuperTrapp end cans, which are tunable by adding and removing discs.
Mine are running 10 discs and it sounds really good.
I also have a K&N filter and the cover of the airbox off.

With that combination, there is more air passing through the carbs, so the bike will tend to run leaner.
So, I have a PCIII, with an American map.
The problem is that we have a CAT, which the Americans don't, so mine is actually running slightly rich (due to the added back pressure by the CAT).

The standard price for a dyno, pretty much where ever you go, is £50/hour + VAT and it will take about 3 hours for a full map.

You heard mine the year before last, and I demoed the noise with it topless, to Jon on the way to Swindon.

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Just had a chat with the nearest PC dealer and the story goes like this.
if I go with the PC3 it will need to go on the dyno so it gets the right map.
around £450.00 total.
If I go with the PC5 with auto tune, I will need work on the back pipe (cut and weld)
around £550.00 total
This is a stock bike ( pipes/air filter at the moment) that I will be changing/modding over the next year. I just want it to run smoother and cooler than it does now.
so can I ask those that have had a PC 3 or 5 fitted. does the cost and work sound right?
If you buy the PC now but don't change the exhaust or air filter it certainly won't need a dyno until you do change them.Kind of pointless fitting it though.Maybe i've read your post wrong?
The dyno set up myself and Diverse had cost £150 and was money well spent IMHO as no two bikes are ever the same due to manufacturing tolerances and how it was broken in.
You're sure you want to go with the PCV? I've read (hence I don't actually *know*) that the auto tune really f*cks up the mapping :
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142409

Steve

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
i can get you a plug and play fuel management unit from dobecks performance, pre-loaded to what ever configuration you have for less than ANY advertised price on ANY tuner. and that includes shipping, i know nothing about this import tax though. pm me if your interested

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is reported on here, that the vrod runs lean, if it runs a little richer it will run cooler.
is this true or are people talking out there ass.
this is why I said I wanted it to run cooler.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
It is reported on here, that the vrod runs lean, if it runs a little richer it will run cooler.
is this true or are people talking out there ass.
this is why I said I wanted it to run cooler.
yes,yes and yes

·
Registered
962 Posts
mine runs on rich settings and the fans seem to be always on ??? cant see how you would notice ?

everyone also said running amsoil oil will result in the motor running cooler , and i have noticed no difference , again the fans are going like the clappers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts