Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night me and my buddy desided to run our 2009 F's side by side. His was equipped with V&H 2into1 and a Thundermax. Mine was equipped with Tab slip ons and a PCV w/o auto tune. Virtually same bikes with different tuners. Can you guess who won?

PCV killed the TM. It wasnt even close. He has been having serious issues with his TM and has seen nothing done to try and improve this product. My suggestion to everyone out there is dont get the TM, PCV blows it out of the water. $900 for TM or $300 for PCVw/o auto tune or $600 w/autotune. Its a no brainer.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I used to have the PCV and switched to SEPST... I think the difference was huge but that was over a year ago when hardly anyone even had the software for pcv so I couldn't dyno or anything. If I had to go with another tuner it would be the Daytona Master Tuner that is the real deal Tuner from what I am hearing. But it costs 800+ so I'll be staying with SEPST.... How is the long snapping? Any offers or are you in camp already?

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts
:them:

My map is awesome and the bike runs great....there must be a problem with your set up.

Did you send your map to James at Zippers and have him take a look at it?!? James was great when I did some motor work and needed some guidance.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Race me i have tm with NO issues! it will be a :chainsaw: :hidesbeh:
I'll Race you! :moped:

Hope you have more then that tuner and some pipes, I'm going to guess you do. Oh wait Arizona is too far guess it's up to you to defend our beloved muscle Dutmer!

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
No its pretty much stock. Just talking cheap shit. ha ha but my bike isn't sick like the guys bike he raced.. from your spec list there you would leave me in the dust except for maybe top end speed?

·
Registered
569 Posts
No its pretty much stock. Just talking cheap shit. ha ha but my bike isn't sick like the guys bike he raced.. from your spec list there you would leave me in the dust except for maybe top end speed?
What is the top end on the bike with a stock Pulley? I think(Guess) my top should come out around 140ish after 125-130 Im chicken anway. Of course nice track right conditions right equipment maybe I would try and squeeze a little more out... Wearing a half shell on a highway with a tea shirt on isn't actually ideal. In fact it's pretty stupid, but it was an empty road with a long straight.

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
was reading your list of mods 26t pulley. i have 28t. unless your rev limit is set at 10g i think mine would have higher top end... when i finally catch up. I've hit rev limit couple times 5th gear 140 indicated. Never had mine at the track but rider is key to drag racing ie skill + weight is night and day. I mean a 150 lbs. rider with a SERT against 220 lbs. rider with TM you can't just say my SERT beat up on the pos TM programmer. Can you??

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes but what kind of course are you talking about that you will finally catch up at? How many times have you maxed out your Top End? I never have not even with the 26t. It certainly won't max out in the 1/4 either. The SERT programmer is my choice because it is made just for HD's but again if I wanted to try another tuner it would be Master Tune.

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
Freeways i suppose and only a handful of times. The roads here in az are long,straight and very boring minus a few hwys. Nothing like ca where i grew up. Maybe the canyon rides could make up some time on ya!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Im sure you would because I would probably chicken out before I even top ended with my current pulley! Maybe Salt Flats or something, lol..... We need to hear from someone that hit top end on both pulleys!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Last night me and my buddy desided to run our 2009 F's side by side. His was equipped with V&H 2into1 and a Thundermax. Mine was equipped with Tab slip ons and a PCV w/o auto tune. Virtually same bikes with different tuners. Can you guess who won?
not sure this qualifies as an "apples to apples" comparison. Two different exhaust setups and all...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:angeldev:Thanks for all the comments guys, I just wanted to spark a little controversy :angeldev:

It obviously worked ha ha. I'd love to race anyone just to race. And if you beat me.....welllll T.Michelena has 40 Shot NOS bottles in his garage that he would love to donate to my cause ;) muhahahahahaha

·
Registered
569 Posts
bad map.

not sure this qualifies as an "apples to apples" comparison. Two different exhaust setups and all...
I thouhy the 2 in 1 supposed to give more HP granted the tuner must not be dialed in very good.

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
:angeldev:Thanks for all the comments guys, I just wanted to spark a little controversy :angeldev:

It obviously worked ha ha. I'd love to race anyone just to race. And if you beat me.....welllll T.Michelena has 40 Shot NOS bottles in his garage that he would love to donate to my cause ;) muhahahahahaha
was playing along with ya. 40 shot?? that's cheating!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts