Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a power Commander on my 07 streetrod. Just for fun, I have a Corbin seat. The damn seat is perfectly modeled to the ECU and gas tank. What a struggle, it took me 4 hours to install LED resistors (stop posting a check light) and the PC3!

Huge PITA! There is a cavity under the passenger seat, above the inner fender. It has some weather protection but it’s not 100% water proof. I mounted the keyless blinker thingy under there and the PC3 panel. No wet rides for me.

My fuse panel isn’t under the passenger seat as I’ve seen in some pics. I almost put the stock seat back on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to find the DynoJet PCIII install instructions for a VRSCR and it looks like I did it the recommended way. I did relocate the Security/Blinker device into the inner fender and the PCIII controller. Because of the Corbin Seat I could not get the PCIII cable connector routed around the Security/Blinker device. Now I need to find some industrial grade velcro and I. should be good to go.

Still having issues finding the ultimate tune. I may have to hire someone to give me a tune in the spring. Again, not looking for 10+ hours power, just good drivability. I'm interested in enabling the Fuel Accelerator but the idea of having even worse gas mileage is scary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just found a tune from a vrscaw with the 2:1 pipe. Going to look at it. Can’t wait till the spring to try them out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuel system vrod

I was able to find the DynoJet PCIII install instructions for a VRSCR and it looks like I did it the recommended way. I did relocate the Security/Blinker device into the inner fender and the PCIII controller. Because of the Corbin Seat I could not get the PCIII cable connector routed around the Security/Blinker device. Now I need to find some industrial grade velcro and I. should be good to go.

Still having issues finding the ultimate tune. I may have to hire someone to give me a tune in the spring. Again, not looking for 10+ hours power, just good drivability. I'm interested in enabling the Fuel Accelerator but the idea of having even worse gas mileage is scary.
I have a wonderful program (usbIII) that I have used on a number of vrods. It handles the low start, the 3500-4000 lag and is super smooth but still the 100ph in second, wonderful top end. This is not crazy and takes into concern the difference between the two cylinders. I have had dyno tunes and they are terrible to ride,, only good for racing. I will give you this program for nothing since I have sold my last vrod that it was in. I still have all the programs in my laptop. Let me know I will give you a disk with the program. jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that would be great, no need to send me a disk, the map files are small enough to attach to an email. I'll PM you my contact details.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hope relocating the sensor does not cause issues for you. Mine has a prominent warning sticker saying 'Do not relocate'. But it's a 2004. I guess it has some kind of calibration for the alarm shutoff and turn signal cancel function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts