Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike went on the dyno today, they started the baseline runs this afternoon. We are going ahead and having the baseline done with the PCIIIr Map 20.

Tomorrow, they will install the RT and do the tuning.

Will be interesting to see the results on the same bike at the same conditions.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My :2cents is on the pc3. With it also being more user friendly on the side of the road and cheaper. Say no more. Running topless with se filter and mods, I leaned the .20 map by 10% in the mid and low ranges. 114.9 hp and 84 ft lb. Not too shabby for the money.
Derek

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, they performed the baseline tests and were showing about 105 hp at 8500 and 71.8 tq. at 7100. This is with PCIIIr, SE Filter, SE V-Mods, top on and synthetic oil. Blinker fluid was also topped off.

They stopped the runs due to the pulley not tracking straight. Bike is back at the dealer having that looked at.

Will report more when I have more information.

BTW - they are running a new Dynojet 250.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
King,

Did they give you an idea of the mixture? It sounds like it's running way too rich. You should have a lot more torque at a lot lower number.

Mark

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He actually said that the mixture looked decent all throughout, which surprised me because I have been told that the Map 20 with this set-up should run rich.

He is just playing with the bike right now. They have never done a V-Rod and he wanted as much information as possible. I gave him Choppersteves website and this one.

Hopefully, the bike will be back in a couple of days and he can get it back on the dyno and run some more. I really want to see what they can do with the RT.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Derek,
Do you have a copy of your dyno run?Thats a really strong TQ # for that setup!:eek:
Mark,
thats were I made peak TQ on my stock setup.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I peak out with 80.5 @ 6500 and have 70 ft lbs @ 3750. Of course that's with an ancient DJ150 so who knows if it's anywhere close to reality. ;)

I just thought it should make 71 much lower than 7000, the rev range seems appropriate for a V-Mod pipe. The SE pipes drop the torque a bit lower in the power band, more back pressure.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
That dip doesn't look so good in the midrange ;)

I talked to the dyno dude that did mine and neither of us believe the top end numbers. He said his dyno hasn't seen more the 6000 rpm for years and he questions the calibration. Another issue is my rev limiter is 9100 and this drops off @ 8700 :(

I'm going to get it on another dyno soon. One that's used to tune Busas all day. 9000 rpm shouldn't be an issue :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kaz, I'll try and get a copy posted tomorrow. For whatever reason, I can't make a copy on disk. I can print out ok, but when I try and save it on disk to bring a copy to this computer I get a screen pop up saying that the format is incorrect. I can't change the format. It looks something like this (*.QRP) ,and next to it ,it reads Quick report ...... Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. If not, a mate of mine is coming over tomorrow and can work it out. If not, I can fax you a copy.Cheers Derek

·
Registered
187 Posts
Derek,
If you can see the report on one computer, press ALT+PRTSCRN then open Paint on that computer and press CTRL+V. That should paste an image of the screen and you can save that to a different format.

Ron

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, bike is back at the tuner after reworking the pulley.

He called today and said that he would get back on it tonight and tomorrow. I advised that I would be busy on Saturday and leaving for Phoenix on Sunday for the rest of next week so I would not be available to pick it up.

We decided that he needed QUALITY time with the bike and he will now keep it all of next week to play with. He is now quite excited about all the time he has to work it over.

John, I sent him a picture of the airbox mod that you did and he is going to do some comparison runs topless etc. I have not given him permission to cut the box yet, but I might if you guys think it will help in HP.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Alright Don't Believe me!:rolleyes: I have Tested and Tested it not worth the Headache take the Fu(king Topp Off and be done with it! :whack: Waste time it's free,but believe me if it worked so great"The John Mod" I would have had it on!:2cents

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am just a cruiser (at least when I used to have a bike :rolleyes: ).

Not real interested in the intake noise all of the time.

May just leave the top on unmodified and go with that.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Mr_King, I'm with you. I Like the induction sound, at full throttle, but around town and cruising, the rattles and clanks were too much. My top is back on.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Daniii said:
Mr_King, I'm with you. I Like the induction sound, at full throttle, but around town and cruising, the rattles and clanks were too much. My top is back on.
That noise only bothered me at first but I got used to it. Since my v-modded 16 guage, I do not here any noise just the beautiful sound of my pipes.:D :D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did several pulls today tuning the RT. So far we are at 112.1hp @ 8500 rpm. And 76.1lbs @ 7000rpm.

He thinks that this may be it. He is going to email me the chart.

Tried running topless and got 1hp. With the top off and filter and everything removed he got about 3hp extra.

This is on a calibrated Dynojet 250 with the brake and all the goodies. I didn't ask him if the room was temp and humidity controlled, so I am not sure. Temp today was in the 50's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.