Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just installed a set of D & D slipons and was getting ready to install the power commander. I know, I know, the popular and economical setup seems to be V-Mods but I bought these a while back and got them new for the same price the v-mods were going to run me. I figured this way, If they didn't work out, I could always go back to stock. It's been a long time coming and I finally got the PC and an SE airfilter and dove in to it today. I just downloaded the MAP from Dynojet's web site and was looking it over which resulted in questions.

o There are no adjustments in the ignition table. I would have thought there
would be. Does this sound right?

o Anyone else used this map and did it work out O.K.?

Couldn't resist starting the bike up even though the PC wasn't installed yet. Very loud in the garage!! I guess I've been listening to stock pipes for too long.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
I lost HP with that map - I tweaked and got it back to around where the HP was Let me look and see if I can find the map that I developed - evaluate at your own risk - I advanced ignition and richened the mixture a bit - I like to run fat.

·
The Tin Man
2,153 Posts
My D&D Map

Notice Fatter and advanced ignition - That is a modified map for SE1 download. I do not recall - but I believe that I used it prior to the second SE 1 ECM flash that addressed moving the sensor for idle problems. Also I was optimizing for the race track and that is why I only adjusted at 80% and 100% throttle position.

Attachments

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks KSPZ3. I guess I should have mentioned that I'm running the stock ECM. The map I'm trying to use is 13 and I think the map you have provided (14a) is for use with the SE1 download. I'm looking for a basline that's pretty flat for general riding. Full throttle blasts, although exciting, don't occur as often as the 3 to 6K rpm riding. I'm disappointed to find out you lost HP with this map. Nothings ever easy is it?
:(

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, the midrange feels good and they really have a good sound. I hope the map (13) is relatively close. It might be a while before I get any Dyno time and its essentially bilnd trust when it comes to any of the maps. I hope there are no really lean spots in the RPM range I ride in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts