Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I recently purchased a pcIIIr, and Toxic Big Rig exhaust...when I got the pc, it was supposed to be new in box, and it looks new but it was missing the cd...so I downloaded the software from Dyno, and tried to upload the map sent to me from Toxic, but it was a .djm, and as you all know, pcIIIr takes .map files...so I've read on here that you can get the pcIII usb software, and open the .djm file, copy, and paste it into the pcIIIr...and save it...is this correct?
And...the file sent to me from Toxic says 2007 V rod, which they say to use for my 2002...is this right, or does someone have what I need? Thanx!

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
I have a PC3 USB CD if you want to borrow it. Can mail it today. PM address if that'll do you any good.
edit: and yes, the '07 file is good for the '02 (and will be better once you "fix it"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gator,
thanx for the info..I have both versions of software...my question is since I can't open the file sent to me from Toxic..is it right to open it in pcIII usb, then copy, paste it into pcIIIr...which I did...will it work?

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Ah, So, I misunderstood and, since all I've ever done is run my CD, twice. I have no answer for you. Sorry I can't help but somebody on here will be able to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, So, I misunderstood and, since all I've ever done is run my CD, twice. I have no answer for you. Sorry I can't help but somebody on here will be able to.
Yeah...I know I've read more info on this in the forum, but can't find the thread, or the person who posted it...any help would be awesome:notworth:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I've copied and pasted my map to pcIIIr, and I'm going to try it...is there anyone who has this setup...it has to be common...what are you guys with Big Rig pipes using?:banghead:

2002 VRSCA
PCIIIr
SE filter
Modified Airbox

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey did this work????Looking at buy the iiir used and want to know how it works?
Yes, it did work...after some fancy footwork! I downloaded the software for the PCIII-USB...loaded the .djm file on it, and selected all..then copied it , opened my PCIIIr software..and pasted the .djm file into it..and saved it as a .map file...just make sure after you upload this to your bike that you click "get current" to make sure that the same file is loaded...it should say "reading tables... retrieval successful"..or something like that...if not, try it again until all is good...after all this, I'm very happy with the PCIIIr and my new "evil":angeldev: sounding TOXIC pipes!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Critter,

My bike is almost identical to yours and I am looking at getting the PCIIIr. Could you send me the map of what you did?

2006 Night Rod
Toxic Big Rig w/ Flow9 Baffles
SE Air Filter /Topless

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Rick,
Sorry for the delay, real busy. Anyway, did you find your map? If not, I'll try to find mine..was on a flash drive, now it's not:( I can hook it up to my laptop and load it, so if you still need it...let me know..
*Note* I have about 1000mi on this map...and it still is a little rich, I may put it on a dyno next spring...ya know, just to tweak it a bit. Try it out, It's all I could come up with....from the version I bought(PCIIIr)
to the map I got from Toxic...yours is newer, it may even be a different map. The main thing I've found is that the maps out there are from newer versions of the PC, so converting it might be your answer...I explain it in my previous post.:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll hit up Toxic for the map, if they don't get back to me in the next few weeks I'll come back for yours; begging.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Rick,
Sorry for the delay, real busy. Anyway, did you find your map? If not, I'll try to find mine..was on a flash drive, now it's not:( I can hook it up to my laptop and load it, so if you still need it...let me know..
*Note* I have about 1000mi on this map...and it still is a little rich, I may put it on a dyno next spring...ya know, just to tweak it a bit. Try it out, It's all I could come up with....from the version I bought(PCIIIr)
to the map I got from Toxic...yours is newer, it may even be a different map. The main thing I've found is that the maps out there are from newer versions of the PC, so converting it might be your answer...I explain it in my previous post.:cheers:
OMG, so i am in the same process as you man!!... I need dead help here, will be much appreciated. Well I have a 07 DX or CD same thing for me....they look black and have 1130 ...ANYWAY....:) My deal is that I just bought the big rig exhaust from Toxic and just got them tonight! I'm installing them along with the baffle flow9 as Toxic calls it, well to be honest I thought at the beginning that I might of gotten away just be installing the pipes and the K&N filter and thats it, but reading and researching like crazy I'm freaking out if i don't do the PC and then later a dyno. So bottom line, I would need PC for this set up. As you may be familiar our pipes comes with a downloaded map in a cd but since I don't have a Power commander I cant do anything with the map. Now I have a stupid Mac, so I guess I need to borrow my friend xp to download and do the transition, cuz i don't want to deal with the languages of the computer. To wrap this up, if you can kindly advice, so what did you end up doing, I mean, if you were in my case, what do I need? and if you still have the PC can I borrow it? or loan it? or rent it? anything to help would be much appreciated...and yeah I cant wait to hear the sound of this pipes...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Critter,

My bike is almost identical to yours and I am looking at getting the PCIIIr. Could you send me the map of what you did?

2006 Night Rod
Toxic Big Rig w/ Flow9 Baffles
SE Air Filter /Topless
it seems that we have the same case and same bike, although I don't have a PCIII but I do have the map. Odd right? when Toxic sent me my stuff (big rig and flow9 baffles) he gave me the map, I can burned you a copy and mail it to you if you want. no charge at my expense :) PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a PC3 USB CD if you want to borrow it. Can mail it today. PM address if that'll do you any good.
edit: and yes, the '07 file is good for the '02 (and will be better once you "fix it"
Hey gator! I didn't know you had this.....:) may you elaborate same for me? I can pay if you want or rent it. I just need the extra help here thats all...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I emailed Toxic last night and asked them to send me the map. They said they would but I think they forgot about me. I'll email them again today.

As for borrowing a PCIII, I don't think that will work. It's an item you have to hook up and leave installed (I think). If you unhook it your bike goes back to the factory computer settings.

I haven't recieved the PCIII yet but it should show up any day. The unfortunate thing is I won't be able to tell anyone how it turns out for over a month. I have to go do some training in FL. My bike will sit in VA in pieces until I get back in December.

I bought forward controls for it but one of the parts was wrong so I have to wait until it comes in to put the thing back together. I have the mid controls laying around if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh...well I was under the impression that it wasn't like "plug-and-play" device :banghead:. Well, you learn everyday. cool Thanks for the info! if you can upload a video of the sound would be great...I guess when you come back, how ever, good trip!

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Hey gator! I didn't know you had this.....:) may you elaborate same for me? I can pay if you want or rent it. I just need the extra help here thats all...
Glad to let you borrow the CD (not the PCIII itself or I'd be back to the stock map) but I don't think it has a map for your specific configuration, i.e., the Toxic pipes.

Long answer to your e-mail coming soon as I figger out the problem with my KTM's lack of spark.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to let you borrow the CD (not the PCIII itself or I'd be back to the stock map) but I don't think it has a map for your specific configuration, i.e., the Toxic pipes.

Long answer to your e-mail coming soon as I figger out the problem with my KTM's lack of spark.
yeah, I figure I made a mistake asking to borrow the PC since its something that needs to be plugged. well, you learn something every day! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the V-Lux pipes from Toxic and have the number 5 and 9 baffles. I have yet to get my bike back on the dyno again for tuning. Last time I was on the dyno was with a different set of pipes and I put down 117hp and 76lbs torque. The guy seemed really surprised I put out those numbers with the 1130cc.
The maps Toxic have are basicly donations from people who have purchased there pipes, had tuned or tweaked maps and sent them in for Toxic to distribute.
Each bike is different and I would highly recommend biting the bullet and get any bike turned while on the dyno. In the spring I'll be doing my 2006 VRSCD and will give out the map to anyone who wants it. (PCIII)

·
Registered
15 Posts
ve3zyf,

I'd love to get a copy of your map. I am now running topless with my 2006 vrscd and big rig pipes. I also have a SE filter.

thanks,
Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts