Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read through the PCIII files, and I can't get one to work with my setup (reducing the backfiring on decel). Here's my setup:

Stage 1 (bought bike used, already had Screamin Eagle 16ga on, so I assume it had stage 1...backfired a lot on decel also)
Topless, K&N
PCIII
Rinehart 2-2 Staggered. (In a week, will be changing to stealth baffles)

Attached is the map that I've tried, and I'mm still getting a lot of backfiring when throttle is 0%. If I crack the throttle on decel/engine braking, that helps get rid of the backfiring on decel.

Now, I'm not smart enough to go in and change numbers. I know I would have to change numbers on the Throttle 0-2% and on the higher rpms (where the backfire happens on engine braking).

If someone's real smart at PCIII, and can look at my map, that'd be AWESOME!!! Otherwise, maybe someone can give me a hint on how I should be adjusting these numbers? Another question, do I need to take it for a spin after each adjustment, or can I just check for the backfire in the driveway? Ideally I'd just dyno it, but availability is a problem I think. Thanks again for everyone's help, this board is awesome!!!

Attachments

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump....anyone?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bump....anyone?
I know its a pain the a**, but I would re-check the map section for this setup. It seems like everybody and their brother uses the Bubs 2-2. I still have a slight decel pop on mine(V-mods) and they could not totally eliminate this at the dealer when I dynoed it. I need to experiment with the settings on mine more, but everytime I think about it, its too nice a day and I go riding.
Good Luck!

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, I searched the map section. I did find one useable map, but I just can't get it to get rid of most of the decel pops. One thing I'm not for sure though...how different will a map be if one was for Rineharts that already had the Stage 1 ECM flash, and one that didn't? If I had a dyno to go to I would, because all I know how to do is program the PCIII, but I don't know how to adjust to get rid of the pops, etc... Thanks, I'll keep trying

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx spaz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts