Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do think my new 07 AW runs horribly lean, presumably for emission regs. Does it run better with a PCIII?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
If you have a good tune on the PCIII usb it will. You can get as good of results with a GIL's box or other ECM controller cheaper then a PCIII if you plan on doing no other changes. ie. pipes topless etc. etc. Think of a PCIII usb as a way to be able to expand and grow your bike's modifications as you go. More simple controllers do not have the adjustability of a PCIII usb.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I wouldn't recommend using the PCIII usb accelerator pump feature with a stock bike. Or even a modified one for that matter. A V-Rod doesn't need an accelerator pump.The ECM handles all that for you. All you will do is foul plugs. Ask me how I know.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I wouldn't recommend using the accelerator pump feature with a stock bike. Or even a modified one for that matter. A V-Rod doesn't need an accelerator pump.The ECM handles all that for you. All you will do is foul plugs. Ask me how I know.
The PCIII made my stock '06 Nightrod run much better overall and removed a low RPM stumble. Downloaded the ACC pump when they came out with that and never could get a good result using that.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, I think I will make that my excuse to spend momey I haven't got on technology I don't need :)

I'll develop some trust in the PCIII first before I play with V-Mods and Toplessness...

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Has anyone ever got that pump feature down? All the posts I read about it say that it is more trouble than good.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
So you know. If you have any questions about a Power Commander, ask them here first. I truly believe the best place for info on a PCIII usb is here! :D Remember when you want to tinker with the map (the base map)to make small changes on the PCIII. I'd say no more then +/- 2% and you'll be just fine. The DynoJet web site has a good list of MAPS for V-Rods. There are a lot here too, although most are for very modified VR's... Good luck! :thumb:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
myneed4speed said:
Has anyone ever got that pump feature down? All the posts I read about it say that it is more trouble than good.
No one I know uses it. Unless you have a big bore, turbo, sc, I can't see using the nifty feature. Even then the new tune for the upgrades will cover any need for an Acc. Pump. Remember it's fuel injected.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no reason the PCIII should be able to beat the ECM on things like that. The trouble with the ECM (I assume) is that it has to pass emissions regs, so this new AW is audibly running right on the ragged edge of pinking at low and crusing revs on wide throttle openings. The PCIII, I hope, will fix that. Apart from that, the ECM ought to do just fine on its own.

Of course it could be my AW has a fault, but it is under warranty so I don't intend to fiddle, if it goes bang I'll just ship it to the dealer and wait.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
It won't go bang... Don't be skeered. It won't void your warranty. Unless the dealer can prove it caused what ever problem has occurred, then the dealer won't fix that problem under warranty. Not the whole warranty. Besides if you suspect the PCIII caused the problem, unplug it.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are at cross purposes. I don't have a PCIII, it is the ECM that runs too lean for my tastes, hence my interest in a PCIII to richen it up a bit.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Just got a PC3 using gunnysgt's custom map. Runs superb, pulls hard, hit's warp speed faster than the Starship Enterprise...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts