Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. So I just tried to install a PCIII into a 2006 VRSCD and there is NO room to fit all the cords and connectors. Does anyone know of any install videos online? My unit didn't come with a cd. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the same problem when I installed mine. The instructions say to position the connectors a certain way but I tried it like the instructions said and my side cover would not fit over the wires. What I did is route the connector up and left it over the battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link Hal, but I'm in the same boat as Jota was. I used those instructions, but there are more wires on my setup than are listed in that picture.

Jota - is there anyway you'd be willing to send me a picture of your setup so I can see how it works? Thanks!

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
There is no right or wrong way here.

You just have to put the wiring where you can get it.

It is a PITA.

Just do your best.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the link Hal, but I'm in the same boat as Jota was. I used those instructions, but there are more wires on my setup than are listed in that picture.

Jota - is there anyway you'd be willing to send me a picture of your setup so I can see how it works? Thanks!
I will try to take a picture tomorrow but its not hard to do, just plug everything up and route the wires up behind the battery. My connector sits above the battery in between the tabswere the airbox cover hooks to

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
If you think you got problems with space, add a turbo plenum, Pingle EZ shift kit with two modules, a Autometer Pro-Tach with its module along with the T-Max auto tune and Zippers 2bar MAP sensor and you now have space problems :)...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha...I don't even want to think about that Tbones!

Thanks Jota...my new pipes come on Wednesday, so hopefully I can get it together by then!

·
Registered
264 Posts
here is a pic, the PCIII plug sits right on top of the battery. I think I just routed the plug that plugs into the ECU down and kept the other one on top of the battery and then disconnected the stock ecu plug and routed it up to connect it to the PCIII. It is kind of tight to fit the plug up towards the battery but it will fit.

Attachments

·
'1250' CC
78 Posts
I fitted the PCIII on my VRSCSE2 the same way as Jota69. Fits ok even with the supercharger plenum. Just route the wires up there.
Busdriver

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I moved the electrical connectors from the side of the battery to over the top of the battery and then was able to fit the PCIII connector on the side.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Lucky you don't have a PCV. The pigtail goes under the passenger seat bucket - forward of the ECU tray - in the CRUSH ZONE.

I started with a PCV - till a chick jumped on for a ride (and NO, not a FAT CHICK either), crushed the connector that was installed EXACTLY WHERE DynoJet and V-Mod said to put it - and KILLED MY REAR COIL (which DynoJet claimed to be a co-incidenced - they co-incidenced themselves right off my bike).

Best of luck

Rick
(who isn't having better luck with the ThunderCrap either)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the picture Jota - that really helps put it in perspective.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the picture Jota - that really helps put it in perspective.
no problem, let us know how it works out

·
For the long haul
21 Posts
tight squeeze

no problem, let us know how it works out
If you think you don't have room now try connecting Harley signal mirrors as well. They add another 2 feet of cable into that same space. If I wasn't topless there is no way all of the wires would fit. Good Luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright...so I finally got it finished. After I got all the wires in, I realized the snorkel of the air cover was supposed to go where I just put the PCIII. So I bought a dremel and cut it off. Is that what everyone else did?

Other than a few small scratches in the black denim paint on the top of the air box cover (ugh...I can't believe I did this) I think I'm all set. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I run the bike topless so I didnt mess with the airbox snorkel

·
For the long haul
21 Posts
Hey there, I thought to mention it but I run my topless in the sun and because I run a modified airbox with side vents, I cut the first half of my filter cover off. Without the front half of the cover there I have lots of room.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts