Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 VRSCX Vmodded pipes PCIII USB and K&N. Bike was dynoed and AFR look good (Straight line most of the way) but I have real loud decel popping.

Can anything be done about this? Bike runs great otherwise.

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
I have learned to live with it with the CFR. When I had v-modded pipes, it was not that bad. What is your fuel setting at zero throttle 5k RPM and below?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
cfr's here and they do it too.. i was always told to add some fuel at 0% throttle at the rpm in which it seems to pop.. does this hold true to real life?

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just looking at the current map and the 0 Throttle settings appear to be all screwed up. Attached is a print of that map.

The map loaded when I had it dynoed was obtained from this forum and was titled "Dawgs Custom map Dyno Tuned.djm".

I am going to alter those 0 throttle figures to be the same as the map supplied with the PCIII as shipped from V-MOD. There was no popping on VMODS map but it did have a flat spot at 3-4K rpms.

Edit: It's going to be a couple of weeks before I can do this. I'm going to KC for the rally then to Texas afterwards for a few days.

Attachments

904 Posts
Never had a popping problem on decel with the CFR -- until lately. Started doing it a month or so ago, and had me concerned about what may have changed? Cleaning up the bike a week ago, I noticed some soot on the pipe just after the figure-8 clamp indicating there was a slight exhaust leak...

Retightened the clamp and no popping anymore! I was able to get a half-turn or so into the clamp. Guess it's another one of those things to check on every once in a while.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
baldharleydude said:
Never had a popping problem on decel with the CFR -- until lately. Started doing it a month or so ago, and had me concerned about what may have changed? Cleaning up the bike a week ago, I noticed some soot on the pipe just after the figure-8 clamp indicating there was a slight exhaust leak...

Retightened the clamp and no popping anymore! I was able to get a half-turn or so into the clamp. Guess it's another one of those things to check on every once in a while.
the cfr's are bad about getting exhaust leaks.. mine does it too

I tighten mine every 2 weeks at least

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RustyG said:
I was just looking at the current map and the 0 Throttle settings appear to be all screwed up. Attached is a print of that map.

The map loaded when I had it dynoed was obtained from this forum and was titled "Dawgs Custom map Dyno Tuned.djm".

I am going to alter those 0 throttle figures to be the same as the map supplied with the PCIII as shipped from V-MOD. There was no popping on VMODS map but it did have a flat spot at 3-4K rpms.

Edit: It's going to be a couple of weeks before I can do this. I'm going to KC for the rally then to Texas afterwards for a few days.
This is a reply to my own post. I altered the Zero throttle settings on the map I posted and most of the popping went away. Set everything in the zero throttle range to 0 except the 1000-3000 range which I set to 10's and 5. A little popping is left but very subtle and sounds good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spaz said:
Try this one and see how it works for ya.
View attachment 93098
Spaz,
Thanks. I tried your modifications and things sound much better. I had just a little popping at 2.5K and a whole bunch at 4K. Some minor adjustments to the map and I am good to go. Being a newbie on PCIIIs I was a little hesitant in doing this myself but your input gave me the courage to make changes.

Attachments

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya, by looking at your adjustments you got the idea!

·
141hp/91 Ft lbs tq!!
295 Posts
I get a "pop" (just one) when I'm cruising at around 70 mph/35-4k rpm right when I twist the throttle and accelerate on up to 140 mph and points northward. I always thought it had to do with my PCIII settings but ain't complaining about it. Thought it was kind of cool the way it worked and PRESTO! I was gone with everyone disappearing in my rear view mirrors.

Now I'm going to go check all my clamps/fasteners on the exhaust.............
:hmm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts