Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 06 D a couple weeks ago and it came with D&D slip ons and K&N air filter. It has also been re-mapped at a shop to compensate for those changes. Long story short, don't care for the sound so I have a CFR coming as well as a PCIIIUSB that is getting mapped for the CFR and K&N.

Question: is the mapping that is already done to the bike going to interfere or mess up the settings that are coming on the PCIII, or vice-versa? Do I need to have the bike's computer re-set to factory spec's?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
How was the bike remapped? Was it an SE1 map? If it does have the SE map installed you will need a PCIII map for the SE map. Try this thread and check out posts#43 & 47. They are for the SE flash with your pipes and air cleaner type.
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808&page=3

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just called the shop that did the work and they did a "station 1 download" after the K&N and D&D slip ons. I guess I will check with fuelmoto and see what I have to do to the PCIII to compensate.

Glenn

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
The maps I mentioned above will work with the stage 1 flash.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, downloaded the files but where to I get download that will open djm files? Did an internet search but haven't found the program that opens that extension yet.

Glenn

·
Registered
5,869 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so I just want to make sure I have this correct. I bought 06 D with D&D slip ons and K&N filter that had been re-mapped with special 1 mapping from dealer. Bought CFR pipe and PCIIIUSB off ebay and told sellor to map PCIII for CFR plus K&N but forgot to mention the special 1 mapping.

I got both the pipe and PCIII today in mail. Connected the PC to the PC and saved the mapping that came with it. I then re-mapped the PCIII with one of the maps from earlier in the thread for a 2002 V-Rod with CFR Pipe, Screamin Eagle air filter, and 1816GA Flash. Saved the file and then sent the map to the controller. So tomorrow I should be able to bolt pipe on, install PCIII USB and connect everything and be ready to rock and roll???

Just want to make sure I am good to go.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Registered
15 Posts
No matter what was done to the bike as far as taking out or putting in more fuel by means other than a Power Commander, when the tuner tunes with the Power Commander it'll just tune off of what it is set at there. So you're fine.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, after a couple of rides I have noticed that when I fire her up and throttle her up a couple of times to show off the sound, I get big black puffs of exhaust blowing out. Do most V-rods smoke like that and if not, I assume I am running rich so how do I change it?

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Mine has been professionally dyno tuned and if I start it up and rev it a couple times it will put out a little smoke, also if I'm riding along and really tromp it it will give a burst of black smoke but I'm not going to lean it out any and it doesn't effect how it runs or bogs or anything like that so the little bit of smoke doesn't bother me. The dyno tech asked me before he tuned the bike whether I wanted the bike to run the best or whether I wanted to save on gas, I told him to tune it to run the strongest and wasn't woried about fuel mileage. I'd rather be a little rich than run on the lean side. It would be best if you get the bike dyno tuned to fine tune the bike if you feel the bike is running rich or lean, that way you know for sure the tune is correct for the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts