Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 VRSCDX, Probably going to get my stock pipes vmodded and have the local shop dyno tune my bike. They are a Power Commander dealer but I can also buy the HD super tuner locally and have them dyno tune from that. So should I go with the PC V or Super tuner?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Do you plan on changing your exhaust in the future? Why not just save the money you will spend on the dyno tune, spend it on an auto tuner with the PCV, and call it a day?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My H-D dealer even recommended the PC-V. Let me specify, the Lead Tech, and Master dyno tuner said for the money, the PC-V was a better deal. It allows almost the same level of tuneability as the SE Race Tuner at almost half the price. The other advantage is that if you have to go back to stock, all you have to do is unplug the PC-V.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
pc-v is a good unit and cheaper that the hd tuner.. my only thing is i don`t like piggy back systems and have tuned many bikes with the hd tuners with very good results.. and i have seen more than a few bikes with pwr cmdr`s have the unit fail ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
PCV w/AT

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
one thing to keep in mind is the preference of the the tuner.. i prefer the hd tuner. i can tune a bike very well with the pwr cmdr but we have tailored our dyno to the needs of the hd tuners and it goes quickly with the hd tuners.. if your tuner prefers the pwr cmdr it would probably go faster (less money) to go with what the tuner prefers..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts