Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a PCIII for my bike.

I bought a PCIII marked for a 02-03, for my '06 Night Rod.

Is this PCIII going to work?

The connections looks the same.

Other have mentioned that they have used this PCIII on their '06.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

I am still trying to decide whether I should get a Vance and Hines, or a CFR exhaust.

I am leaning towards the V&H's.

Thanks,

Morf

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
What is the part number? If it is 809-511 it will work.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I was in the understanding that the pcIII worked for all years up untill 07 but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Spaz said:
What is the part number? If it is 809-511 it will work.
:them:

Mine was marked for V-Rods up to 2005. The part number is the same. It should work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hrm...

I will let you guys know the part number, as soon as I get it.

I picked it up, used, from the forum, for only 190.

So, either way, at the very least, it was a great deal on a PCIII..

I love this forum.

I also can't wait to get my bike back, I think I am going to go with a Vance and Hines 2-1, in the place of my scraped and dented OEM exhaust. The pieces of the exhaust that got rashed are totaling up to more than the new exhaust. So, I figured, shell out for the PCIII and the Dyno tune, etc. and get my bike back beter than before the accident, etc.

Morf

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
morf,

I picked up a used PCIIIUSB for my GF's 2006 NightRod and plugged it right in. I downloaded the stock map from PC's website and it cured the EPA LEAN blues that it came with.

Since then, we removed the baffles, and had it dyno'd. No issues at all with the PCIII. I couldn't even tell you what the part number is, because it got rubbed off the back. Works like a champ tho.

RJ

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet!!! I can't wait to get it.

Then I need to find a map for topless, K&N Filter, Vance & Hines 2-1.

I will be scowering the EFI section as soon as I get it. Well, when I get it, and I get my bike back from the dealer.

Morf

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, got it, the part numbers match up, it is going to be a little while before I can get my bike back from the shop.

I at least need new handlebars on there, once I get my hands on those, I can go get my bike.

And start the process of getting my bike back together.

Thanks for the info. guys.

Now, if I could just find a map for my setup.

Dan

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
morf said:
Yep, got it, the part numbers match up, it is going to be a little while before I can get my bike back from the shop.

I at least need new handlebars on there, once I get my hands on those, I can go get my bike.

And start the process of getting my bike back together.

Thanks for the info. guys.

Now, if I could just find a map for my setup.

Dan
What setup are you running?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to go:

2006 Night Rod
Topless
K&N filter
Vance and Hines 2>1

I have been shuffling through the EFI section, and posted there, asking.

So far, no luck.

They only other guy I have talked to with a PCIII USB and the V&H 2-1 has a VRSCR and is keeping his top on.

I guess that would be close, but he hasn't responded with his map in a couple days.

Morf

·
Night Rod Owner
139 Posts
I have a PC III with the CFR, partial topless and dynoed. WOW, what a change it was in HP and sound. It does have some decel backfire, but they got out all they could I love it now. It's "my" sound.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Larry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually have all the parts, this will be my setup.

I am just hoping someone has a PCIII map, so I don't have to pay the 150 bucks to flash my ECM back to stock(it was serted when I bought it), and then the dyno time.

That is going to be EXPENSIVE.

Thanks,

Morf

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
morf said:
I actually have all the parts, this will be my setup.

I am just hoping someone has a PCIII map, so I don't have to pay the 150 bucks to flash my ECM back to stock(it was serted when I bought it), and then the dyno time.

That is going to be EXPENSIVE.

Thanks,

Morf
FWIW,

You don't have to do have it flashed back to stock. Just have them tune it from where it is. It won't make a lick of difference in the end. :2cents:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agh, that does save the 150 bucks.

Not sure if the 150 bucks is worth the ability to but my rashed up standard exhaust.

I will have to think about it.

Thanks RJ,

Morf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts