Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
Joined
·
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was riding and watched a biker overtake three different vehicles; each time threading the eye of the needle. It was heading toward dusk, bright sun & darkening skies ahead. He made it, but quite possibly because his Guardian Angel is outstanding.

Do you have any thoughts or wisdom on passing or overtaking other vehicles?
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
Do it and do it fast, but don't be a complete tard and put yourself or the guy you now forced to hit the brakes hard at risk....Road rage from a cage is almost too easy.......and almost never works out well for the biker. Unless your packing a gun ;-)
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Cut em' off before they do it to you.
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
Threading the needle apparently a "Odd" thing everywhere else but CA. I do it all day long, you get a feel for it, and as anything dont be stupid about it. But people here actually move over a bit when they see you, from what I have read everywhere else people get Pissy about it. People should learn to calm down and not get their High School Sweetheart pregnant and than marry Her only to wake up 15 years later being a pissy shit head who lets things such as this bother them cause their bown lives suck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
Man, im glad i never married my high school sweetheart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Point and Shoot!

This is a clear advantage we have riding V-Rods. The throttle response is incredable and thats why I say its like a point and shoot operation. Bang and your there! BUT, one must be smart about it and do it in flawless fashion. The one mistake could be your last.
Now I do NOT recommend this technique on ANY other Harley, cause it don't work like DAT man. Top OUT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
Man, im glad i never married my high school sweetheart.
Jesus me toooooooo!
 

·
Sanctimonious
Joined
·
44,118 Posts
bigjim50010 said:
Man, im glad i never married my high school sweetheart.
I should quit what I do for a living and Lecture at Schools and Universities, sure the pay is less but it will make a Happier better dressed Nation and I am willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the Country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Do it as close as possible, grab clutch, rip the pipes in their ears, give 'em the finger or at least throw down the shocker and keep it over 3 digits, regardless of what's next.
 

·
Registered Abuser
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
luxlamf said:
I should quit what I do for a living and Lecture at Schools and Universities, sure the pay is less but it will make a Happier better dressed Nation and I am willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the Country.

Reminds me of the motivational speaker skit that Chris Farley did on SNL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
luxlamf said:
Threading the needle apparently a "Odd" thing everywhere else but CA. I do it all day long, you get a feel for it, and as anything dont be stupid about it. But people here actually move over a bit when they see you, from what I have read everywhere else people get Pissy about it. People should learn to calm down and not get their High School Sweetheart pregnant and than marry Her only to wake up 15 years later being a pissy shit head who lets things such as this bother them cause their bown lives suck.
Hey, now! I married my high school sweetie and, 18 yrs later, we're doing just fine ... total 22 yrs together ... though I kept it in my pants and didn't get her prego till we were 20 ... maybe that's why I still have some sense of sanity ... :)

I consider myself pretty damn lucky to have beaten the odds, too ... knock on wood.

:hidesbeh: (ducking the incoming ICBMs that are surely after my ass now ...)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
If you have good visibility ahead;

While you're waiting for the last opposing traffic vehicle to come by, drop back and build up your speed in your own lane. That way, as the last oposing vehicle goes by you you are already up to speed and will minimize your time and distance exposure in the oncoming lane. This also lessons the chance that the cage right behind you will attempt to pass and occupy the oncoming lane at the same time as you.
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Just celebrated my one year anniversary with my highschool love and have no complaints. We were the smart ones.
 

·
Sua Sponte
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
gvmont01 said:
Hey, now! I married my high school sweetie and, 18 yrs later, we're doing just fine ... total 22 yrs together ... though I kept it in my pants and didn't get her prego till we were 20 ... maybe that's why I still have some sense of sanity ... :)

I consider myself pretty damn lucky to have beaten the odds, too ... knock on wood.

:hidesbeh: (ducking the incoming ICBMs that are surely after my ass now ...)
 

·
Still here, sort of
Joined
·
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are there times you just won't overtake another vehicle?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top